1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

Boy, I would want to be a deer in your neck of the woods,Buckmaster. Then again,it would mean a swift death which is a good thing.

I feel like I am getting dialed in pretty good now. Deer at 32,target at 21

20160818_071048.jpg

20160818_071033.jpg

Thousands of shots yearly 2 bow strings a year, I shoot a ton! I have said this before on a different thread but I wounded 1 deer with a bow and it was because I got back from a deployment and didn't give myself enough time to practice. I swore to myself that I would never let my self wound one again and be able to say it was from lack of practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Picked up the bow today after having new strings, new sight, and new rest put on.... It was shooting great first group at 20 yards, on flyer arrow, turns out it's because I practiced with broadheads the other day and cut the fletching.... Had that replaced while I was there c9265ba32d916f0a899e6b41d58b361d_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So I finally got some tuning time in with the new arrows, the field points like the brass inserted and the broadhead like the aluminum inserts, which is fine because they both shoot exactly the same as each other . Here is my first shot at 30 yards with the practice broadhead .

20160821_194022.jpg

• Like 3

So I finally got some tuning time in with the new arrows, the field points like the brass inserted and the broadhead like the aluminum inserts, which is fine because they both shoot exactly the same as each other . Here is my first shot at 30 yards with the practice broadhead .

20160821_194022.jpg

Nice shot Jeremy!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Definitely a nice shot for number one at 30 yds. I just ruined an arrow yesterday at 30 yds hitting it with the second shot. Getting better groups means shooting only one or two arrows at the same target.

It is good that my groups are getting tighter though. Looks like I will be ready for opening day...

• Like 2

Since i started shooting Elite bows and getting more serious about dialing in my set ups (the two kinda happened at the same time) I only send one arrow per spot on the target ,it keeps arrows from getting wrecked and it helps me find flaws in my technique .

• Like 3

529f399ab4bac86239fd6b155e92df8a.jpg27c97579576c8bd9f9dd1d4d253745ff.jpg6add0d1b0f6aa9317bd7d6846689719e.jpg
Didn't shoot to bad at first the first picture is my group at 20yrds the second my first shot at 30 and the 3rd my first shot at 40 but these were some of my better arrows went downhill later on. I think I don't now when to quit sometimes as I only usually get a chance to shoot once a week so when I do I try to shoot to many arrows and towards the end of my shoot my form begins to fall apart.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just shot, first time in a week my left shoulder was killing me .

First pic. First three arrows, two four vane, four inch helical , one arrow three vane , 3 inch straight . Two field points one Rage pratice head .

Ended on the other pic . ! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks Mike, there were a few "groups " in between those pics. not so great , so when I had the three touching , it was time to quit.

i always stop on a good group, I feel,it helps ones psych , you tend to,remember the last group .

• Like 1

On 8/25/2016 at 8:44 AM, Jeremy K said:

Anybody know how Rob is coming along with his set up?

I just ordered the new bow. Diamond Prism. Should be here by Friday, so after our camping trip this weekend I will get it to the shop and get range time in. Also hopefully get into the local club and be able to shoot a few nights a week.

• Like 3

These are literally the first shots from my grandson and his new bow. Finished getting it set up for him today. Not bad! He will be taking his bow course September 17th. He still has lots of practicing to do before hunting season. One of the proudest moments in my life will be when I watch him take his first deer! Thanks again Tacks!

20160828_192316.jpg

20160828_192638.jpg

20160828_192442.jpg

20160828_192218.jpg

• Like 8

These are literally the first shots from my grandson and his new bow. Finished getting it set up for him today. Not bad! He will be taking his bow course September 17th. He still has lots of practicing to do before hunting season. One of the proudest moments in my life will be when I watch him take his first deer! Thanks again Tacks!

20160828_192316.jpg

20160828_192638.jpg

20160828_192442.jpg

20160828_192218.jpg

Isn't that something him grouping like that from the get go?! Looks like he's got a solid anchor too!
  • Like 2

Teaching him the three point anchor. Kisser button, tip of nose and ear lobe. Proper grip and form. He soaks it all in. Good student. I'm no archery instructor but know the basics to get him going. I've been playing around with bows for 30+ years. So far all good! Having a good bow is a huge benefit too.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 4