What has taken over my food plot?

I looked up witchgrass, that looks like it. I'm assuming it was my fault, I disced after my last spraying. Assuming I turned up these seeds. More learning I guess, only my 2nd shot at a plot. Try try again.

Possibly, I spray then disc all the time. If there is time before seeding and weeds are emerging I'll spray again. But that usually never happens. Maybe you didn't kill everything off as well as hoped

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The weed seeds were likely in the soil. As soon as it's opened up to light, moisture, etc. they germinate. Mowing before new seed matures will help. If not, the seed will mature, fall to the soil and germinate again (probably for next year's crop). It becomes a tough cycle. Post emergent, foliar contact herbicides applied after weed seed germination but before planting / germination of the intended crop may help but, obviously, timing is critical. Grassy weeds and sedges can be very difficult to manage.

• 4 weeks later...

If it is considered a weed you can mow multiple times a year to keep it knocked down. We have about 40 acres of hay fields we mow each year around July before the weeds go to seed. We have lots of wild clover in these fields that seems to do very well after we mow it it usually takes off the beginning of August. Unfortunately the food plots we have made in the past are just passed by into the 30 acres of Ag fields (corn and soybean). The farmer usually doesn't take the corn off until after gun season when he plans to use it for his cows. He doesn't store it in a silo just cuts it when he needs it.