LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

So guys what a morning.

Live from home now. 9ish am I noticed a doe walking down the path right to me. I stood up and heard something drop outta tree. Figured was one of my antlers for rattling. Anyway doe didn't even flinch walked right down the path 20 yards in front of me I whistled she stopped and arrow shot true. She took 2 steps and dropped. Awesome I'm pumped filling tags with the new bow. Go to get my phone and text dad and wife....no phone. Looked down and there it is at base of tree. No biggie so I get down to get phone and process deer. Pick up phone screen is broke buttons won't work nothing works. Now I'm p^&%*$*... so I gut her get back to truck and drop of to processor on way to phone place 100 bucks and few hrs later I have a new screen and phones working. No pics obviously. Glad I got a deer but she cost me big time lol...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Congratulations...way to get it done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just starting to pack up and a huge doe(thought it was a buck at first) and 2 ,nice doe with 3 fawns showed up...still had time so I lowered curtains and stood...the WR I planted beat me...for they were content feeding there. Finally one doe came over and I drew. Had to let up..got closer I drew...this happened 3x'sin all but she wouldn't turn broad side...Then my phone vibrated...day done .it took her another 10 mins to get 20 yrds broad side as I quietly closed the blind Windows and called Mr B to say dinner would be late...I'm trapped in the blind...So close ..yet so far away...had fun anyhow.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 7

3:46 got here faster...stupid bladder:rolleyes:..then Mr B' s alarm went off. Sitting here thinking...do I want to try for those turkey with the shot gun this morning? Furnace guys due at 9. Last time they were early at 8:30...the Flock was behind the house yesterday,will they be at blind today? ...hmmmm better go shower and think some more.

• Like 2

Well have a note on the door, in case furnace guys are early...honk  if early I'm hunting...lol

shot gun next to door...birds were at the blind down the hill on the 23, behind house yesterday...wish me luck on the garden blind this morning...watch a big doe or decent buck show...me with no bow......They are pretty good at this old game we play with each other...:wink:

Good luck everyone

• Like 3

Didn't set an alarm, wanted to see if body needed a lie-in. I'm up! Guess the hunt is on. :)

First time sitting this morning's stand choice. Giving the others a break. Sat over a ravine edge last night. Heard something crashing around in it in front of me. Not sure which side it came up on however. Never saw it.

Edited by Papist

Do apparently I forgot how to use my climber in 1 day used it yesterday perfectly nice a quiet and right up tree....today I may have well smashed pots and pans together 0laying a trumpet if a deer comes by I may have to let it go just bc it's so clueless.......on second thought come on doe....lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They are late..where's the fireball when you need one? How to keep turkey in the woods and out of fields?Just order up an ice shower...have had 3 roll through,. one on way in...not fun and I have layers and hats on...thinking they may be in pines this morning. Thankfully no deer either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Raul2145
      Hi Everyone, 
      It is current the last week for regular season in upstate NY. Living the life working and being a full time student, I have some time off this week and would like to take a ride upstate to do a gun hunt. Never have I hunted public land in the areas 3 G, F, or N and was looking for some recommendations and help! I had used the DEC info locator and found California Hill and thought I might go there. Is there any recommendations on areas to go to in any of the wmu’s? Or on California? Any help would be really appreciated!! 

best of holiday wishes! 

• By Francesco B
      Hello everyone I’m currently looking at a house in deposit ny I’ve been deer hunting for many year mainly in Columbia and Greene county never been to Broome county. Before anything I was just curious how is the hunting there ? I know there aren’t any antlered restrictions in Broome but are there monsters out there or is it mainly just small spike? If anyone from that county or knows about deposit and broome county would get back to me i would appreciate it. Hope everyone hunting today catch a big one thanks.
    • By Ainsley Ash
      The procedure below to carry the bow is detailed below:
      You have to use a cotton towel or something similar. You have to wrap it around the bowstring. Doing so ensures that it will not cause an injury with the bowstring coming in contact with your body. It will not be that sharp either. Once you cover the bowstring with the towel, you have to wear it like a sling. So that it will not fall away from your body. The best way to cover the bowstring is to use a large enough towel. You can wrap it around twice as well. When making a sling out of the cotton towel, you have to ensure that you tighten it to get a snug fit. In that case, it will not slip away. Consequently, it will remain in place. When using this technique to carry a bow on your back, it is essential to practice before going in the wilderness. Only when you can move briskly and without noise using the scanning mechanism should you go ahead with it. To remove the bow, you have to hold it at the bottom. After that, you have to slip it over your head as well as arm. Doing so ensures that you can remove it quickly. When trying to focus on a prey, you need to remove the bow quickly. The technique for removal that we have highlighted above can certainly help you do so.
    • By Toth9050
      I'm new to the area and looking for some places to hunt  the next few weekends through bow/muzzleloader season. I'm living in New Paltz, and the place that seems the most promising to me so far is Vernooy Kill State forrest, and north into Sundown. Has anyone had any luck in these areas? Is there anywhere better in the area I should check out? Any info is welcome
    • By Raul2145
      Hi Everyone,
      My name is Raul and I am a new hunter! I've been hunting public land for now, but have been suffering. I've done 2 10 hour sits at Kings Park and 3 10 hour sits at Rocky Point and haven't seen one deer. I use a treestand and use scent blocker. I also get there super early in the morning. I need help! I plan to go again this friday. I scouted Rocky point after the first day and always see sign and I try to hunt the areas, but no success. I hunt around 42 and 36 I think. If someone wants the exact spot I can send them it on a map. I am really just looking for help in any areas and everything. I have put so much effort yet all i want is to just see one that will keep moral up. Any help is really appreciated!