LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

Back from camp. No deer down but a couple sightings between 4 of us. Got lucky this morning on our way back to camp around 1130 we walked up on a group of turkeys making their way down the edge of the pond. Wind was blowing like crazy which must be why they didn't see us. We spotted a long beard in the group and I was able to get a shot off. Of course when shot he flopped around in the mud and went farther out into the mud flat. Almost couldn't get him out of there the mud was so deep and sucked ya right in, I almost lost a boot! Lol. It was a good day to be walking around the dacks.
90b55a707374504891d3bbdd5d833d47.jpg
bdcedb6f6bb6eee16ab27d0a1efe0653.jpg
A couple rubs we found today on our travels
86a52ef77ba133146e2a0f420f32a089.jpg
d035cd209481c7da7d85fdb598761176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Back from camp. No deer down but a couple sightings between 4 of us. Got lucky this morning on our way back to camp around 1130 we walked up on a group of turkeys making their way down the edge of the pond. Wind was blowing like crazy which must be why they didn't see us. We spotted a long beard in the group and I was able to get a shot off. Of course when shot he flopped around in the mud and went farther out into the mud flat. Almost couldn't get him out of there the mud was so deep and sucked ya right in, I almost lost a boot! Lol. It was a good day to be walking around the dacks.
90b55a707374504891d3bbdd5d833d47.jpg
bdcedb6f6bb6eee16ab27d0a1efe0653.jpg
A couple rubs we found today on our travels
86a52ef77ba133146e2a0f420f32a089.jpg
d035cd209481c7da7d85fdb598761176.jpg

I'm cunfused you hunting deer with a shotgun and shot a turkey ? Instead 

Congrats anyway  

Yea in 3n you can use a .22 rimfire at least in the public lands  I hunt there I see guys with .22 all the time  but definitely not during regular gun seasons in putnam its shotgun only for deer . That means you can only use a shotgun during regular  deer season there . 

You want to start this again? Come on man, give it a break.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shawnhu said:

You want to start this again? Come on man, give it a break.

No I don't I posted a pic of what it says in the  hunting rule book . :taunt: no more arguing about it please  

I'm cunfused you hunting deer with a shotgun and shot a turkey ? Instead 
Congrats anyway  

Turkey wasn't the intended target of the day. But after a few miles of up and down steep hills I was ready to put something down. We were literally 80 yards from the camp and came upon the turkeys. Popped a turkey load in real quick and put him down. He will be a tasty addition to thanksgiving dinner.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Turkey wasn't the intended target of the day. But after a few miles of up and down steep hills I was ready to put something down. We were literally 80 yards from the camp and came upon the turkeys. Popped a turkey load in real quick and put him down. He will be a tasty addition to thanksgiving dinner.

Nice 

Yesterday was a bust and I don't understand why. I know a spot on public land that has historically had deer come by when I'm in stand more than half the time. So I sat a guy there. I then went to another spot which is pretty much textbook of where you should go (and last year I took a deer from it). We sat for a few hours and saw nothing. We then just wanted to make sure the local deer population hadn't all flown away, so we walked around a perfect bedding area, packed to the brim with trails (and scat), all in and through it and didn't even kick one up.

I know deer move more with the wind, according to studies, but my only explanation is that the wind completely messed them up yesterday for me and changed their patterns entirely.

Of course, I saw a bunch on the side of the road last night driving the kids around.

ec5932ee0ee6110a083f896101920deb.jpg
Finally made it to my favorite spot. Never killed a deer here but I know I will eventually. Wind is good not great but decent enough for today. I'll keep some doe pee and tarsal in the air....put some evercalm out around me too. Good luck guys I am in for all day sit (late as usual lol)

BTW I set up facing this way hoping they come in behind me (bedding area)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What a beautiful morning. Kicking off my week of vacation here in my field corner stand. Had a doe and a yearling come by about a hour ago. I took some time to check out the younger one to make sure it wasn't a fawn and by the time I was sure I could take the older doe I lost my shot opportunity. Watched them slowly graze across the field away from me for the last hour.

Will most likely get out around 9 and head back in around 12 to a different stand. Good luck today everyone

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Live from My NYC Apartment: Deer Kryptonite has arrived!bbf576c5d3c531247c6deb3dff5928b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Freaking worked last night twice, I'm not superstitious but will be carrying them the rest of the season.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Live from My NYC Apartment: Deer Kryptonite has arrived!bbf576c5d3c531247c6deb3dff5928b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I sat 10 hours yesterday, between two of my best set up's. And saw Zip, Nadda, Nothing! And to add an insult, there were two fresh scrapes made on the way out, that were not there on the way in! We have deer on the property, and a bunch of bucks on trail cam. So lack of deer is not the problem. But my luck so far this year has been terrible!!!! Well now I know why! I was going to pick up a bag of Fireballs last week, and didn't. This coming weekend I have three days to hunt. And I can assure you that my pockets will be lined with Fireballs! At this point, I need anything to swing some luck back into my corner!

• Like 4