Pockets or Pack

Borngeechee

I always carry a fanny pack that has the shoulder straps. Easy on and off and one can easily carry a variety of items or just a few.  When you climb or sit down your packets are not over stuffed with gear and goodies.

The pack I have had many internal packets to keep gear from rattling and is soft quiet cloth.

definitely backpack for me. as far as hunting gear goes, I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. don't mind carrying the extra weight. I work for a moving company so all I do is carry stuff. an extra 10-20 lbs isn't gonna break me. I especially need a pack when it starts getting cold to carry my jacket and extra layers because I sweat like a donkey. no matter how cold it is, I'm usually walking to my stand just in my base layer

• Like 1

Stand hunting or still, on any given hunt,  it all starts in my pack and winds up in my pockets!

And, year to year, I never seem to remember that I always carry way to much gear in the start of the season and am winnowed down by the end to just bare essentials.

Either just pockets or if I plan on being in the stand for a long sit, I generally use one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/VISM-NcStar-First-Responders-Utility/dp/B004F9HCMQ?th=1

They are great.  Smaller than a pack but plenty big to hold everything I need.  Calls fit well in the outside pockets.  With the molle system, you can add or take off additional storage.  Cheap and sturdy.  Easy to quickly hang from your stand too.

I have a large superday pack, but use it more for stand work than hunting.

17 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Either just pockets or if I plan on being in the stand for a long sit, I generally use one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/VISM-NcStar-First-Responders-Utility/dp/B004F9HCMQ?th=1

They are great.  Smaller than a pack but plenty big to hold everything I need.  Calls fit well in the outside pockets.  With the molle system, you can add or take off additional storage.  Cheap and sturdy.  Easy to quickly hang from your stand too.

I have a large superday pack, but use it more for stand work than hunting.

Oooo I like! Now the question is black or green? I am thinking green it won't contrast the tree as much. That looks so much nicer for archery season than my back pack.

4 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Oooo I like! Now the question is black or green? I am thinking green it won't contrast the tree as much. That looks so much nicer for archery season than my back pack.

You can find them on other sites for a little cheaper.  I have 2 green and a tan one.  They work well and are really sturdy, especially for being so cheap.

• Like 1

What is going on with this forum, you guys are talking about purses essentially and this sounds like a girl way too much.

"Oooo I like! Now the question is black or green? I am thinking green it won't contrast the tree as much. That looks so much nicer for archery season than my back pack."

What do you guys put in your purses, make up? You do don't you, only its called "face paint". lol

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

What is going on with this forum, you guys are talking about purses essentially and this sounds like a girl way too much.

"Oooo I like! Now the question is black or green? I am thinking green it won't contrast the tree as much. That looks so much nicer for archery season than my back pack."

What do you guys put in your purses, make up? You do don't you, only its called "face paint". lol

You picked up on that? But it looks like it would work better than a back pack on those hot days and lighter. I look at it as a small duffel bag.

For the record, I use a Fanny pack and a Orange LLBean back pack and it holds all of my make up and tampons. I leave the different boots and camo's in the truck in case I find a tree that I don't match. Matching is essential you know. Now if anyone makes fun of me I will give them such a pinch!

Edited by Doewhacker
  • Like 1

Well , I use a backpack . If I am going to walk 3/4 - 1 mile to a stand , I want everything I might need with me , I plan on being there for a while .

I have a fanny pack in the backpack that has my knives , butt out tool , ty-raps , deer haul rope , gloves , towlettes , safety belt for the harness I am wearing and a store bag for garbage .

I also carry a couple of lights , binos , range finder , camera , glasses , spare tree hooks , holder with tags , water , granola bar , extra release & arm guard , face mask , haul rope etc .    I also carry a small bag with scent , scent wicks , and maybe scent burning sticks .  I probably missed a couple items . 

Pack. Even if I don't need its room my pack has strapping on the back to hold a gun or how. When I carry my climber I tuck my pack into the back of the climber and the bow on my pack. I can then carry everything with his hands free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk