To Pee Or Not To Pee

grampy

From what I understand is the " human " scent dissipates quickly and the deer smell only the ammonia in our urine. I've been drinking a big ole iced coffee on my hour drive to check cams. The toughest part is I gotta whiz so bad by the time I actually get to my made scrape. I actually jogged a little bit the last time to make it. Lol. Picked up a few bucks on cam nearby first check but they hadn't scraped . Second time i checked I had camera in menu mode so no pics. Doh. 

• Like 2

I've tried it over and over for years and set up cameras on the scrapes, and not just any scrapes, but smokin' hot scrapes with the overhanging branch.  They all, each and every one went dead. Maybe it is just the individual because other guys swear by it. Something to do with my chemistry, hormones, whatever. I find that the best thing I can do to a scrape is don't get near it, walk around to check the camera. It would be great if it worked. What a deal, relieve yourself and attract bucks at the same time. I never pee near my stands either.

3 minutes ago, Buckstopshere said:

I've tried it over and over for years and set up cameras on the scrapes, and not just any scrapes, but smokin' hot scrapes with the overhanging branch.  They all, each and every one went dead. Maybe it is just the individual because other guys swear by it. Something to do with my chemistry, hormones, whatever. I find that the best thing I can do to a scrape is don't get near it, walk around to check the camera. It would be great if it worked. What a deal, relieve yourself and attract bucks at the same time. I never pee near my stands either.

This could also be if you put down too much human scent they got spooked from it. I doubt urine was the problem or at fault. I have done it for a few years and haven't had any bad effects from it. I didn't bring in anymore deer but also didn't scare them all off.

Then that is probably the reason...vitamin B6 will also cause this...any multivitamin as well .

The weird urine smell is due to the medication especially the Penicillin.
You may also notice that the color of the urine is dark.
The body absorbs the required amount of drugs and the excess and byproducts are flushed through the urine.

Edited by growalot