What happened to the Xbow inclusion thread?

Steuben Jerry

Why if you are good with a bow would you want to use a xbow in all of archery .
That makes no sense .  If I could shoot a recurve as good as my compound bow I would never use a  compound bow for example . Be honest you don't want to take the time to get really good with your compound bow   and know xbow easier you will be able to take more deer with it that's why so simple .  

It's called sportsmanship I don't own the deer or the stateland I hunt why shouldn't xbow guys be able to hunt early season as well...you entire stance is your afraid of competition. That's it you can't stand the thought of 1 more person being out there durring archery. No wonder why the antis have so much leverage against us we can't even get a common sence law passed amongst ourselves....maybe the next generation will learn that we all are in it together bc clearly we have not figured it out yet

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Why if you are good with a bow would you want to use a xbow in all of archery .
That makes no sense .  If I could shoot a recurve as good as my compound bow I would never use a  compound bow for example . Be honest you don't want to take the time to get really good with your compound bow   and know xbow easier you will be able to take more deer with it that's why so simple .  

Without a rest a rest I can outshoot my Xbow with the compound at every range. I am looking forward to being able to do something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Im not  "gun hunter", although I do hunt with my guns, I also hunt with my vertical bow, and I am for full inclusion.

You still have to get close enough to the deer to shoot them with a crossbow. Who cares if they are more accurate? I welcome hunting implements that are more accurate, that just means that people that are going to make more good, clean kills.

All I hear is jealousy pouring out of you. For the first time ever, I completely agree with Uptown Redneck.

Seriously  guys let's  stop playing games here  f the bows and Xbows then  and let's just go to the next level the airbow .

Because that is  what's going to happen. 

With this line of thinking I see from you guys  it's already being push in other states . 

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Without a rest a rest I can outshoot my Xbow with the compound at every range. I am looking forward to being able to do something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea good point different with a different season like it is now perfect .

28 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Remember when these where considered top of the line .

my point with this picture if you are old enough to of hunted with the fish compounds that came out the new compounds are like night and day ,, change is good ,, IMO ,, things just don't stay the same although you may want them to..

Actual a heard the average age of hunters is getting up there and to keep the older guys in the game they legalize Xbows for them . So if that's the case and things are that bad I am all for it .

Sad to see less people hunting and bow hunting   these days so anything that helps I am for even if it means I got to deal with more hunters  on public land .

I like to see the tradition keep going even after I'm gone .  But there needs  to be some balance I think .

Edited by LJC

21 minutes ago, LJC said:

Seriously  guys let's  stop playing games here  f the bows and Xbows then  and let's just go to the next level the airbow .

Because that is  what's going to happen. 

With this line of thinking I see from you guys  it's already being push in other states . 

IMG_3963.PNG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stoneam2006 said:

It's called sportsmanship I don't own the deer or the stateland I hunt why shouldn't xbow guys be able to hunt early season as well...you entire stance is your afraid of competition. That's it you can't stand the thought of 1 more person being out there durring archery. No wonder why the antis have so much leverage against us we can't even get a common sence law passed amongst ourselves....maybe the next generation will learn that we all are in it together bc clearly we have not figured it out yet

You can now just use a bow 

Just so much I want to say, but will just sit on the sidelines and wait for the train wreck to happen. Very much like the other topic that disappeared! Tis the season, every year about this time hunter frustration gets high and the threads reflect this!

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

Just so much I want to say, but will just sit on the sidelines and wait for the train wreck to happen. Very much like the other topic that disappeared! Tis the season, every year about this time hunter frustration gets high and the threads reflect this!

Just say it let me guess you want a longer season for xbow .  Lol  

4 hours ago, LJC said:

Just say it let me guess you want a longer season for xbow .  Lol  

Dude- I think you need a "time-out"

Take a break and catch your breath.

With every post you make here it's becoming clearer that your brain isn't getting enough oxygen.

It's pretty obvious at this point that having an intelligent conversation with you here is NOT going to happen. Quit chittin' up the threads you don't know the first thing about and go try to dream up another new silly topic to pretend to feel so strongly about.

You're bouncing off the walls here like a damn pre-schooler with a sugar buzz!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LJC said:

Are you joking me if you are hunting private land it  does not matter one way or the other nobody is going to go hunt there .

It only makes  a difference if your hunting on public land because we have to deal with the exstra hunting pressure  there you don't .  Nobody in there right mind who just hunts public and only wants to use a bow wants more guys there . Lol its that simple . 

I already share my private lands with 3 other hunters BY CHOICE and I could care less what they hunt with.   If you think private means less pressure than you haven't hunted private where we hunt.   Oh no, there may be a few more hunters on the lands surrounding or 20-40 acre parcels. I will still kill deer and I would bet we have more hunters per square mile than most public and again, if crossbow inclusion means a few more, so what.  There was just a thread this week talking about how few hunters are now hunting public lands.  Perhaps you need a new public spot.  We only have thousands of public acres to hunt in NY. Put your time in to find good public spots or your money where your mouth   Is and buy a few acres.

this issue is about implement used. Let's get more hunters included not excluded.  And, for what it's worth, it took me all of 2 weeks of practice to shoot a compound well enough to kill a deer.  It's not very difficult.  In my opinion, the skill lies in putting yourself in position for a shot and then pulling it off without spooking deer.  That is true whether you hunt with a bow or crossbow, both of which are close range implements.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

Not true...I practice as much as many and am very confident in my ability 2 dead deer this season both dropped within feet 1 dropped in spot and I am very proud to be pro xbow...so just bc we are about sharing the woods and allowing more hunters in the woods to enjoy the season doesn't mean we can't shoot vert equipment as well as the next guy.

So, can I now assume that you will be campaigning to share the bowseasons with the rifle hunters to "allow more hunters in the woods to enjoy the season".

Edited by Doc

8 hours ago, LJC said:

Yea  but your in a no gun zone  lol 

How is Franklinville a no gun zone? I'm in the same boat as you,I absolutely hate crossbows ,I hate the way they look I hate that they take zero skill to shoot good ,you need to just let it ,go clearly the majority likes these things and that's what should matter in this state/country.

Edited by Jeremy K

I'm not really sure what all this full inclusion of crossbow is really all about. Why don't we just do what everyone is working there way toward and do away with all special seasons. It seems that special seasons by their very nature are "exclusionary", selfish on some level, and based on challenges that we are all working so hard to eliminate. So, can anyone explain to me why it is necessary to have a special bow season?

No, I am not trying to be sarcastic. It is obvious that such divisions or advantageous special treatments only cause strife within the hunting community. They are inherently exclusionary. They were developed for challenge that today everyone is frantically trying to erase in as many ways as possible. They are unfair to physically challenged individuals. All these divisive traits have to make a person wonder why we are maintaining such a disruption within the hunter ranks. Why don't we just change things to be all-inclusive and allow hunters to use the weapon of their choice. It is obvious as heck that we are heading in that direction anyway. Why continue the pretense? Is there anyone here that can answer that question for me?

That is wrong. Bring on the bow hunters

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

. So, can anyone explain to me why it is necessary to have a special bow season?

Really? Deer respond and act completely different come orange army time. After having a few rounds fired at them they change behavior drastically from my experience. What is wrong with having a short period of time for those who like to experience deer in a more natural state. What I don't get is why all the demand to be included? No one is excluding you from bow season. Simply get a bow and join in . After all as your fellow gun Hunters will say it easy. Anyone could do it. Hardly any skill or practice needed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Remember when these where considered top of the line ..

IMG_7132.JPG

Yea I was using one of these for almost 20 years and took the time to practice with it to get really good then when I switched to the new stuff it was like using a xbow the new bows are a dream to shoot  . Even more reason why guys should just take the time and learn real archery.  Instead of trying to introduce a new weapon into a different sport. It's like bringing a AR 15 to a handgun  competition and trying to convince people there the same thing and be able to use it  lol  that's why you have AR tournaments and  hand gun tournaments they're separate class of weapon .

Edited by LJC

36 minutes ago, brownclown said:

Really? Deer respond and act completely different come orange army time. After having a few rounds fired at them they change behavior drastically from my experience. What is wrong with having a short period of time for those who like to experience deer in a more natural state. What I don't get is why all the demand to be included? No one is excluding you from bow season. Simply get a bow and join in . After all as your fellow gun Hunters will say it easy. Anyone could do it. Hardly any skill or practice needed.

Maybe if the orange army hit the deer with the first shot instead of outlining the deer with lead they wouldn't even know what to be skittish about.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, brownclown said:

Yep just join in plus the new bows  are so much easier to use . There really is no excuse to use a xbow in archery unless your handicapped.

• Like 1