Testing Out a New 3G Cell Cam

phade

I have a new 3G model coming my way to test out - it's not a US-based brand reseller, but I believe it'll fill the niche of the "cheap cell" cam that people here want if they can't step up to the Spartan Gocam. I believe I'll be able to program this to work off of AT&T data or MMS packages from my discussions. Blackflash, too.

Price probably in the $190-199 range.

I'll update when it comes in and how the testing pans out.

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

My thought behind asking it is to have it setup along trails 80-100 yards from my stand, gives me a few seconds heads up before the deer appears in front of me to get my cameras rolling

I've also had the idea of using one of those driveway alert chimes and disabling the chime so just a LED light flashes when it senses movement along the trail

Edited by josephmrtn

10 minutes ago, josephmrtn said:

My thought behind asking it is to have it setup along trails 80-100 yards from my stand, gives me a few seconds heads up before the deer appears in front of me to get my cameras rolling

I had the same thought when i first got mine ,then the deer stopped using that trail for the rest of the season.

9 minutes ago, josephmrtn said:

Try moving the camera?

It was the group of big ol bucks that disappear ever year , I had no clue where to move it to , i just moved it around the property a few times ,we never see them again all season once they bounce for the year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

It was the group of big ol bucks that disappear ever year , I had no clue where to move it to , i just moved it around the property a few times ,we never see them again all season once they bounce for the year. 

Exact same thing happens on my parents farm every year

Sorry if I ran the thread off course phade

2 hours ago, josephmrtn said:

I've also had the idea of using one of those driveway alert chimes and disabling the chime so just a LED light flashes when it senses movement along the trail

I have done that with a "Driveway Patrol" alert . It can be purchased for about $10 with coupon at Harbor Freight . The sensor takes a 9 volt battery and the receiving unit takes 3 "D" cells . I covered the sending unit with camo tape and spray it with scent blocker . So far , it hasn't given me any advantage except for spotting a trespasser . Take 3 screws out of the receiver , cut wires to speaker , tape ends and re-assemble . 

Bunker Hill Security® 62447 Wireless Security Alert System