Testing Out a New 3G Cell Cam

phade

22 minutes ago, Core said:

Looks good. won't be long before these things are $100 and $5-10/month. The monthly cost is still high to me.

You could look at the $ as you don't need to constantly go into the woods to check your cams therefore saving gas money and reducing the chance of scaring deer . By not scaring deer you stand a better chance of killing one sooner therefore saving gas . Perhaps less days taken off of work equaling more pay therefore saving you money. Looking at the glass as half full   And it's pretty slick seeing almost to the minute pics of as they are taken.

P.S I don't own any but can definitely see the value

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Core said:

Looks good. won't be long before these things are $100 and $5-10/month. The monthly cost is still high to me.

Oddly enough, the price of the marketed and produced cell cams have only went up. My Code Black was $200 and change back in 2012. The Verizon Spartan Gocam has an MAP of $469.99, ATT @ $399.99. Moultrie mobile is $200 plus cost of cam - which for a good one is going to be another $100. Bushnell is upper $200s.

Part of the reason is because the innovation is still climbing. Only when the market matures will you see prices fall - and what's the holy grail that hasn't been accomplished yet in mass terms? Video. Got a ways to go. You might find some of these cheaper cell cams, but they will have basic functionality and so far nobody has produced a "second tier" cell cam when already offering a cell cam flagship model.

5 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

So this is like a home brew cam you've created?

No - it's commercially made.

Most of the game cameras you see are rebranded by resellers - Primos, Bushnell, Covert, Moultrie, etc. Very few have their proprietary manufacturing plant in China. Many cams are built in the same few buildings in one province of China.

This camera is one that was sent to me from China via one of those factories and I was able to make it work here in the US on a US carrier. It doesn't have the overhead and rebranding costs associated with it, reducing the price, obviously. Also doesn't have the QC, but if I sell these, I verify they work ahead of time anyway.

• Like 2

CM is doing well. Was on a tree that toppled in the wind and it made it just fine.

I was able to get this cam to work on a rebranded app, too. I haven't messed with the controls for the cam. Not sure I can do it via mms or if I have to use a data SIM and reprogram. I hope I can change the delay and sensitivity as that would be about as good as it gets.

Either way this cam is plugging along just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/11/2017 at 5:04 PM, phade said:

CM is doing well. Was on a tree that toppled in the wind and it made it just fine.

I was able to get this cam to work on a rebranded app, too. I haven't messed with the controls for the cam. Not sure I can do it via mms or if I have to use a data SIM and reprogram. I hope I can change the delay and sensitivity as that would be about as good as it gets.

Either way this cam is plugging along just fine.

Hey Phade, I know your 3G cameras been out a for quite some time now. I was curious on your professional opinion on the camera ?  Any good photos to share ? Thanks

Cam works very well.

Unfortunately the market is such that selling it is not feasible. Most Customers want the features of the Spartan Gocam for half the price.

I understand, I am in the same boat. I plan on putting my camera on state land, so I would like a modestly priced camera incase it gets stolen. I don't need the Cadillac of cameras, but I would like to be able to count the antler points from my I phone 7.

I would purchase one if you have 1 for sale. Thanks