1" cut fixed blade

aboa13

If you are talking compound, the slick trick standards are nice.  Very sharp but he blades are not the most durable.

Yes compound. Looking to drop down to 56-58 lb draw. Also looking to purchase another bow. That's another story for another day. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G5 Monotec' s....I shoot 49 #'s...tend to hit shoulder on occasion  with total penetration and they also work great on the cross bow bolts,fly true. Two years..two heart shots. One center punch on a 35 yrs shot went straight through him and was lost into swamp vegetation.

Edited by growalot

Can't really speak about to many of these heads , as I've only used Magnus fixed blades since '88.  Mostly Stingers with bleeders . Ok I did kill a buck with a Rage two seasons ago during a dark period of my hunting life .....

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, chrisw said:

My vote is Ramcats, montec's fly great but I had poor blood trails on several deer.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I think all these small cutting broadheads leave poor blood trails. I like opening them up. Quick kill! Good blood trail! Good recovery. Just my .02 

2 hours ago, Larry302 said:

Can't really speak about to many of these heads , as I've only used Magnus fixed blades since '88.  Mostly Stingers with bleeders . Ok I did kill a buck with a Rage two seasons ago during a dark period of my hunting life .....

Cut on Contact Stingers are the only way to go for low poundage. You will love the pass thru's time after time with a blood trail that anyone could follow....

• Like 2

I agree , my bow is I forget mid 50's as measured by Moog last year I generally get pass thru's , by that I,mean arrow out the other side and a few inches into the dirt .

Here's a pic of where last years buck stood when a Stinger came out the far side .

I,got right down and walked the 80 yards to where he lay, only once stopping to look for next blood .

image.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Larry302 said:

I agree , my bow is I forget mid 50's as measured by Moog last year I generally get pass thru's , by that I,mean arrow out the other side and a few inches into the dirt .

Here's a pic of where last years buck stood when a Stinger came out the far side .

I,got right down and walked the 80 yards to where he lay, only once stopping to look for next blood .

image.jpg

Making the pass throughs/BH performance even more impressive is that you shoot fairly light arrows.

• Like 1

You guy's have me thinking about the stinger heads. They look as if they could be more apt to plane with the large flat surface. I too shoot low poundage, 53lbs. and I'm looking to get the best penetration possible with a 100 grain broadhead. I have tried 125 grain heads, but my bow just did not like that set up as much as the 100 grains. I have been using the NAP 3 blade Thunderheads, and really have no complaints about their performance. But my curiosity is up about the stingers. And I have no desire to shoot a mechanical head with a low poundage bow.

• Like 1

I tried some Cabela's years ago.  They were super dull out of the package.  Won't buy them again.  You can kill them with any head on the market and good shot placement.  Guess it's what you have faith in, and what works best with your setup.  

I have zero complaints with 3 blade mechanicals.  I've used them for years with a slow bow, not low poundage. Now I'm shooting a much faster bow, but still sticking with a very heavy arrow and small diameter broadhead.

• Like 1

I love 4 blade Muzzy's. My hunting partner and I have been using them for years and have taken numerous deer from 5-40 yards....I am pulling 62.5 lbs. He is slightly under 60lbs.
Here is my arrow from a compete pass thru this year....And then the spray on a tree as the deer went 35 yards and expired.5662e552e604e208a4250b0c7fef7540.jpg
802b1c9ca7997f2fa11d178551fb7f9f.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For what it's worth... I've been using Muzzy 3 blade 100 Grain Broadheads for over 20 years and love them.

http://www.muzzy.com/100gr-3-blade-screw-in-6pk/

They are a little bigger than what you are looking for (1 3/16 inch) but they have always been reliable. 

I've tried several other types and brands over the years, but since I tried these, I haven't had reason or desire to try another.

• Like 2

I do not like the small diameter blades.  I have shot some deer that went a long long way on some good shots especially those mature bucks that do not want to die.  Since I went to large expendables they do not go far.  Gives you some room for error......