I think the new bow is tuned

moog5050

17 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Maker?

Specs?

Material?

It looks like a great bow and appears to be a shooter...............somewhere there is a 3.5 year old buck (maybe older) that hasn't a clue what you are up to. :)

• Like 1

Maybe just me or my PC, couldn't look at Photobucket links. Anyways... More power to you for using traditional equipment. Looks like real feather fletchings too. You da man! Now all you need is a volunteer for the William Tell final test! Not me, perhaps Phade... LOL

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Maybe just me or my PC, couldn't look at Photobucket links. Anyways... More power to you for using traditional equipment. Looks like real feather fletchings too. You da man! Now all you need is a volunteer for the William Tell final test! Not me, perhaps Phade... LOL

Didn't William Tell use a cross bow, at least the last two weeks of archery season?  

• Like 2

Nice shootin moog! Looks like you're just about ready ready to join the trick shot circuit! You have really come a long way with the traditional archery, since putting down the compound, a couple years ago. That bow sure is purdy! Is that the same one you hunted with last year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Nice shootin moog! Looks like you're just about ready ready to join the trick shot circuit! You have really come a long way with the traditional archery, since putting down the compound, a couple years ago. That bow sure is purdy! Is that the same one you hunted with last year?

Nope grampy.  I have the same problems with bows that some have with guns.  Never enough.  lol  I hunted with my black widow last year.  At least the bows I shoot daily, unlike guns that just sit in my safe.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, growalot said:

Shooting instinctive? Good for you!...Ya that's expensive...but fun for the ego once in a while.

Not sure I would call it instinctive.  I use the arrow for windage and the sight window for elevation.  I like sight windows in the 3" range as then I can usually tune the bows to hit in the same spot in the sight window at 20yds.  Target sits a little higher in window at 0-15 and in and lower at 25-30.  I do hold and aim.  Pretty easy to snap shoot/not aim and shoot well inside of 15 but not so much for me past that.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2017 at 2:26 PM, dbHunterNY said:

wow you suck. why wouldn't you hit the old ball fletched arrow?  nice targets and shooting!  if you were shooting with your safety crocs on that probably had a lot to do with it.  sweet lookin bow too!

The odd ball fletch was intentional.  It will work with 250g BHs.   The others work with 200g.  I have both BH grains and changed insert weight so I have arrows for each.   Yes, I am anal.   

• Like 1