Need a new gas grill

bugsNbows

21 hours ago, sodfather said:

I have a charcoal - wood grill but just takes to long. When we want to eat I don't want to start 2 hours ahead of time every time we want to put something on the grill. But yes I do like that smoke flavor from time to time.

I do have to say that the only time I have spent 2 hours preparing a cooking fire has been when I am doing a larger outdoor family event and decide to use a full wood fire reduced to coals to do the cooking. That is a serious attempt at putting out the best flavored food for a large group of people.

However, fast charcoal cooking takes no where near that amount of time for a quick meal. In fact, I have a gadget that I bought that holds the charcoal with paper underneath and has the charcoal lit and ready to dump into the grill in about 10 minutes. Not really a problem. When I don't have 10 minutes to get the fire prepared, we use the gas range in the house.

Been non stop here at work , wires down , trees down onto houses , light poles down. Every time we go for a pole down we yell to the polish guy, " hurry one of you comrades is down !
keeping with the thread , we did get to cook on our grill , but it took a few attempts .

My buddy has been on a water main break all night, 16"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been nursing a Sear-Kenmore (that's right the name on it is Sears-Kenmore that's how old it is) that was my grandparents. I've replaced the guts twice since I've had it going back probably 6-8 years. I want to replace it but the freeking thing just wont die. the wind storm the other day blew it over the lid, grill grates, and ceramic charcoal things are strewn about the yard I haven't even bothered to pick up the mess but i guarantee the thing will go back together and still work. Darn!  

I just got a hot deal on a Weber Genesis II E-310, my last brinkman grill got blown away twice before the final third time destroyed it . I am  hoping I can anchor this one down or use sand bags to hold it in place ... The wind in the yard is brutal when it kicks up.

The brand slips my mind (might be patio armor) but I bought my cover from costco (universal, size based).

Been sitting outside through sun, cold, rain, snow for 5years now and with the exception of some color fade, going strong. Never had a problem with it blowing off even with noreasters.

Very heavy weight material with webbing cinch straps. 

A few years ago I was BBQing on the patio . Had to wait for the unit to cool before putting the cover back on . Forgot about it . 2-3 days later it was forecasted to snow and thought I had better put the cover on . It was gone . It had been windy for a couple days . Either one of the neighbors got it or it ended up in Williamson or farther East . ......... Another lesson learned the hard way !

I also have to either do more repairs on the Grill or buy a new one . 

The brand slips my mind (might be patio armor) but I bought my cover from costco (universal, size based).
Been sitting outside through sun, cold, rain, snow for 5years now and with the exception of some color fade, going strong. Never had a problem with it blowing off even with noreasters.
Very heavy weight material with webbing cinch straps. 

I've gone through a few of the Weber ones, they dry out and crack quickly. The back of my house gets roasted in the sun all afternoon and it's also the wind side