Cabelas

The_Real_TCIII

Theyve really got a crappy fishing section. Dicks was worse. Im going to have to take a ride to Auburn for my Cayuga lake visit this weekend. Also if you've got lead bullet weights for Texas rigging plastics hang on to them like grim death! The tungsten they have now are $9.99 for THREE!

• Like 2

I usually hit the BPS in Utica 2 or 3 times a year. The Auburn one has a good fishing selection too. I still have some lead bullet weights, and curse out loud every time I lose one. Did have to beak down and get a couple packs of the 1/16 oz. tungstens though. Hoping to get out soon! Best o luck to ya over to Cayuga! Tight lines my friend!

• Like 1

Late this afternoon I was in the vicinity of Gander Mountain and thought I'd drop in. The wife and I browsed for 20 minutes and once again, the place just boggles my mind. 

I'd  like to know who the genius is that designed the firearms counter/handgun display??  Black interior of the handgun cases and SALE tags over the freaking hang tags make it a real guessing game.  Granted I do know a bit about handguns but there are so many different variants these days it's hard to know the players let alone the teams.

Oh and don't rush out for those sale prices just yet.................maybe come January. 

• Like 4

On 6/6/2017 at 2:13 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Theyve really got a crappy fishing section. Dicks was worse. Im going to have to take a ride to Auburn for my Cayuga lake visit this weekend. Also if you've got lead bullet weights for Texas rigging plastics hang on to them like grim death! The tungsten they have now are $9.99 for THREE!

It's been a couple of years, but I've been able to find lead weights in Pennsylvania (at Gander Mt).  I stocked up pretty good a couple of years ago, but that may be an option if you really want lead.

BPS, up in Niagara on the Lake, has a very good selection.  Walmart in Lockport was not too bad yesterday.   I cleaned out their stock of 3/8 oz black and blue weedless Arkie jigs at $1.59 ea.  We are heading up to the the Thousand islands in a couple weeks.  I usually stock up at the tackle shops at Black lake, which are always very reasonably priced. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I just ran up to Captain Bobs in Clarence, aside from being a real nice guy hes got a lot of tackle and his prices are good. Ill be supporting him as much as I can

I went in just to burn time once. Pretty interesting place.  GREAT guy, the owner he gave my daughter a keychain even though we didn't purchase anything. 

• Like 1