Getting in Shape - it's TIME

moog5050

good for you!!  Im down 14 lbs myself and have a goal of 10 more by Oct 1st!  A good goal is 1.5 pounds a week.  And the good news is venison is high in protein and low in calories! My cheat is weekend breakfasts!  I have a reasonable but good breakfast on the weekend.  Its my thing.  But it seems to be working ! 

Wild blueberry pancakes (only 2) and venison breakfast sausage tomorrow.   Then out the door to put up a stand on some new ground!  gotta work it off! 

• Like 1

The best thing about getting into shape, is that it makes still-hunting the hills and mountains a lot more effective.   It is much easier to sneak up on a deer, when you are not huffing and puffing to catch your breath all the time.  That still-hunting is also a great way to stay in shape.  Lugging that new BAR up in the NZ, starting October 20 and on into early December, will easily keep you in shape during that month and a half.  To get the most out of those, you got to pay your dues over the other ten and a half months though, and it sounds like you are on the right track.   It is hard for me to express how much more satisfying it is to kill a buck in the scenic mountains, from the ground, than from a flat-land treestand.               

On 8/18/2017 at 3:01 PM, moog5050 said:

Quick update.  Down 13lbs at end of week 3. One belt hole down too. One of the group is way way down.  But I am happy with the start.  2lbs more a week for 6 months will push me 20lbs below my college playing weight.  Saturday is my cheat day.  Yay.  Honestly it hasn't been bad.  Just need to stay with it.   

Edit:  Actually I think it's end of week 4 or thereabouts.   Lol

Congrats. What program are you following? 

As you seem to have experience with lifting are you familiar with Lyle McDonald's work? Body Recomp or his PSMF aka Rapid Fat Loss? I've used both in the past with good success.  

33 minutes ago, left field said:

As you seem to have experience with lifting are you familiar with Lyle McDonald's work? Body Recomp or his PSMF aka Rapid Fat Loss? I've used both in the past with good success.  

33 minutes ago, left field said:

I played college football and then competed in powerlifting for many years.  Packing weight on was my specialty not dieting.  I did diet for a bodybuilding show once but hated the strength loss.   No program. Just eating heAlthier, lower carbs and less.   One sometimes two cheat days a week.  Not familiar with the programs you mentioned.  Last serious effort I dropped 70lbs but it included living on protein shakes for a month.  Going to try something more sustainable this time like moderation.

• Like 1

I find moderation the hardest program to follow. 

RFL is basically a protein only diet with a few small cheat meals per week. 

BRC is a program for those at less than 15% that want to get below 10% and retain their muscle. It's four days of low carb depletion exercise then super loading carbs and doing a strength workout. On the carb load day, I would stuff my face with bagels, pasta, FF ice cream and chips and still lose weight. I once did it for six weeks when my wife was travelling and got down to about 8%, When she came home her first words were, "baby, please eat a sandwich." The good old days.

Good luck.

try circuit training thats what i do it combines cardio and weights and your done in a 1/2 hr you start on the bike or treadmill but bike is best [@ 57 and a knee replacement running's out] for 2 min then no stopping go to any machine thats available you know how gyms are curl ,triceps  lat or bench machine 2 mins LIGHT weight dont stop go back to the bike 2 mins, back to the machine 2mins and so on till you are done you can work your legs arms chest in one work out just take your time and go @ your own pace you'll see it works once you get in a rhythm