Geneva NY restaurants ?

Nomad

So,the youngest is auditing part of Hobart/ William smith collage , and will be there several weeks . We plan on visiting her once a week and going out to eat. Any ideas ? Doesn't have to be the best steak house ( although I'll go there too ) best burger joint, family restaurant and so forth would help. 

Thanks

I'm only 10min from there Larry, but there's not a whole lot that I would recommend in Geneva. Parkers and Eddie O'Brian's (~1/2 mile from Hobart in downtown Geneva) has good steaks, burgers, chicken, and salads. Another similar place is Beef & Brew and is right around the corner. Right on 5&20 (~1/2 mile from Hobart there's a pretty good Mexican place called Molcajetes. Also, in downtown, there's a pretty good Japanese Hibachi place called Ichiro. For a nicer place, the Belhurst or Cobblestone would be good places. Might want to check out Yelp or TripAdvisor for more info.

Thanks all ! I think we ate at Beef and Brew before is it next to a Rite Aid ?

We'll be there tomorrow night , perhaps Eddie O'brians . Just looking for decent food and a place to hang out with our daughter for a bit .

She is staying at a hotel on the lake, as well .

Edited by Larry302

Larry,  a couple of my buddies have often talked about a good Italian restaurant right in downtown Geneva..If I see one of them in the next couple of days I'll get the name and give you a holler.

As por MOI, the only place in Geneva I ever ate was KFC, and I don't know if that is there anymore...They do have a nice American Legion Post in which I have enjoyed a few adult beverages, however...

Hey..Philosoph   lives near there...He could probably help you out..

• Like 1

Pygmy, I think you're talking about Nonna's Trattoria. A very nice family restaurant. Not too far from there is Emile's which is also very nice, but they've discontinued their excellent complimentary salad bar because too many people were taking advantage of it. {frown face}

Parker's Grill & Tap House is very good. It's a nice but lively atmosphere with a small patio area out front for people-watching. It's somewhere between a family restaurant and a sticky-floored college bar. Lots of young people, but also lots of their professors as well which makes it an interesting mix. Decent row of taps with some local beers as well.

For high-end you could try Halsey's Restaurant, next door to Parker's. My friend owns both and I've done a lot of construction work on several of his restaurants. Halsey's requires a really fat wallet though. Maybe buy a drink and share an appetizer there as an excuse to tour the place and see some of my woodworking skills before dinner at Parker's. {shameless self-promotion}

Uncle Joe's Pizza is another place with friendly people and good food. Very casual dining and just far enough off the beaten path that the yahoos aren't regulars.

There are honestly too many to list, Larry. I've never had a bad meal at any of them, but there's a good chance that your daughter will run into classmates and/or professors at Parker's. That friendly-face stuff counts a lot. Enjoy.

ETA: Keep in mind that the students are all coming back into town right now. Wait times for anything but a reserved seat could be long, and places like Parker's don't do reserved seating. It's a very small city that gets turned upside down a couple times a year.

Edited by philoshop

6 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I have eaten twice at Torrey Park Grill and the food was outstanding.   Italian food and steaks. The Veal was perfect!!! 

I forgot about Torrey Park. Thanks for the reminder. FWIW, that's where the owner of Parker's goes for a quiet dinner and a couple of martinis, on occasion.

8 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

It was really really good for the money. 

They ride a really nice line between quality and price. One small tick either way and their business model wouldn't work, but they've managed to ride that line exceptionally well for about a dozen years now. No small feat in a city with 16,000 residents and 10,000 restaurants. I'm exaggerating, but not by much.

Philoshop, shop thanks ! We ate at Halseys it was pricey ,my wallet happens to be somewhat fat though . The inside was very very nice, wish I read your post before we went would have looked more closey .

Would be nice if they put some crab and that crab and pasta dish, nice atmosphere, should expand the beer list .

Ill check out some others you recommended, she be auditing the college's investments for some weeks .

i told her with her boss buying lunch everyday and her per day $75 meal allowance she should be paying  for dinner , that didn't work .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 3:08 PM, Stay at home Nomad said:

Philoshop, shop thanks ! We ate at Halseys it was pricey ,my wallet happens to be somewhat fat though . The inside was very very nice, wish I read your post before we went would have looked more closey .

Would be nice if they put some crab and that crab and pasta dish, nice atmosphere, should expand the beer list .

Ill check out some others you recommended, she be auditing the college's investments for some weeks .

i told her with her boss buying lunch everyday and her per day $75 meal allowance she should be paying  for dinner , that didn't work .

What's with the new handle???

• Like 2

Ha ha ha... Well I had just used my name ( or is it? ) and a number that has some meaning to me . BUT so many here have great names , (Sits in trees being my favorite ) So I thought I'd change it up, and since Nomad means one with no fixed home who wanders, I thought stay at home nomad was funny .

The Atomic Fireball shall remain .

• Like 1