We all float down here

turkeyfeathers

I think it's great.  Some high school girls in Pennsylvania did the same thing and everyone freaked out.  Guess some people are funny about homicidal clowns.  

One of Stephen King's finest books.  It's about a heck of a lot more than Pennywise the clown.  It's about fear, small towns, growing up, friendship, imagination.  Now I want to go read it again!

• Like 1

I've read "It", three times!  Steven King is one of my favorite authors. Always wanted to meet him, to ask where the heck he thinks up stuff up from! Looking forward to seeing the new movie.

I just read it again this summer, looking forward to the movie although I'm sure it will aggravate me lol, they usually butcher his books
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Stephen King is one of my favorites...

The first book that I ever read that really gave me goosebumps was " Salem's Lot".....

There's one scene of Salems Lot that gave me nightmares as a kid! Remember when that vampire kid was scraping his finger nails on the other kids window saying, "Let me in, let me in....". 

Oh God, now I gotta think happy thoughts to get that out of my head... puppies, kittens, boobs, puppies, kittens, boobs, puppies, kittens, boobs.......................................................................................................

• Like 1

There's one scene of Salems Lot that gave me nightmares as a kid! Remember when that vampire kid was scraping his finger nails on the other kids window saying, "Let me in, let me in....". 
Oh God, now I gotta think happy thoughts to get that out of my head... puppies, kittens, boobs, puppies, kittens, boobs, puppies, kittens, boobs.......................................................................................................

1979 I believe it came out. Memory of my parents going out which was rare. Presidents balk at Lancaster country club. I stayed with my brother who's much older than I. Cold winter and think he had shot like 30 bunnies by then. Remember us eating grouse stew on an old , old oven / range. One of the most memorable meals I've had. Movie was on and remember being scared at 11 years old. Thank you for the memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a big King fan. If I want to read about this style of fiction, I go H.P. Lovecraft.

Sorry, I like Lovecraft, Poe, and Bram Stokers original novel about Dracula remains the best vampire fiction to me. 

I have never read the the "It" novel. Have no desire too. I do remember when the first incarnation of the book that was made into a movie. Tim Curry played the demon/clown Pennywise. I like Curry as an actor, and that was the scariest he has done IMO.

17 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Thought it was pretty good. Just got home to find the 1988ish version on tv.

We're going tonight. I'm going out this afternoon to get a red balloon to hang in her room to "greet" my daughter when she wakes up tomorrow morning! :pardon:

• Like 1

I'm not a big King fan. If I want to read about this style of fiction, I go H.P. Lovecraft.
Sorry, I like Lovecraft, Poe, and Bram Stokers original novel about Dracula remains the best vampire fiction to me. 
I have never read the the "It" novel. Have no desire too. I do remember when the first incarnation of the book that was made into a movie. Tim Curry played the demon/clown Pennywise. I like Curry as an actor, and that was the scariest he has done IMO.

Thought it was pretty good. Just got home to find the 1988ish version on tv.

Yeah, it was ok. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but worth a watch.... 5/10.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk