Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

34 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Ok , I'm in the stand. We got our 800 lbs of deer feed out, the camera crew is setup, we just got done doing live shots on the way in with pretty gals in tight camo that have never hunted anything that wasn't in the mall in their life.

We have passed on a bunch of cull 5 year old 10 and 12 pointers . Waiting for a decent mature buck to come in.  

While we wait would like to thank my sponsors........Bradley's Tire Rotation Center-"where you wait and we rotate", aunt Betty's diner - where every slice of pie comes Al a mode for the month of November (thats with ice cream) and lastly uncle Edward buck lure....which is just my uncle Ed who gave me a jar of pee and I was afraid to ask why......

Lol .....ok it's a little slow in the stand today!  Haha

Seriously, this thread is dead. Nobody killing anything. I'll be back out Saturday. In order to fulfill the requests from 2 of my 17 sponsors, I will hunt with the Mathews in 3S in the morning, followed by Excalibur for the xbow opener in the afternoon in 3N.

• Like 3

The heaters in this car work well for drying socks , I’ll be heading in soon, with luck I’ll be able to cross drainage ditch ...

My iPhone battery dies super fast now ,so I won’t post much , need to calibrate the battery from what I’ve read ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

The heaters in this car work well for drying socks , I’ll be heading in soon, with luck I’ll be able to cross drainage ditch ...

My iPhone battery dies super fast now ,so I won’t post much , need to calibrate the battery from what I’ve read ?

If you updated to latest update. Look at what apps are running in background.  If you've selected in past to only run while using they may have defaulted back   Good luck out there Larry 

Ya did that . I shut it off at 34%  so if needed I could turn on and use .
I turned it on and it went to the red line battery and shut off dead .
it died while turned off 
Time for a new phone

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Came home from work to a great surprise. The tractor is in the corn field that I believe shelters all my deer. Going to relax tonight because of rain and tomorrow morning because of an early work obligation. Starting tomorrow night it’s game on all the way through the weekend. Not sure how many days it will take for them to cut, but they are cutting in this freezing rain...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Up in a great stand for the evening sit. Haven’t sat this one since the season before last. This one is 21 ft up in a clump maple tree. Ahead of me is a point that sticks out into a bean field, to my right is a travel corridor, behind me and to the left are bedding areas and mixed hardwoods. Tons of fresh sign here. 

2AE909DD-5A0E-4D44-9ECB-E5EABFC9E832.jpeg

194BEC75-C4DF-4297-A5C5-8E80E18FDD7E.jpeg

FF332386-3E9F-4474-9E35-A0B69D4735F5.jpeg

• Like 3

Disappointing lack of monsters on their feet today. Things seemed perfect and I have new scrapes all over the property. Didn't see anything till 2 when a basket 2 year old 8 came by at 12 yards. I moved stands after that and rattled in a 6 pointer about 30 minutes later. The morning was a total washout. Nothing moving. Sadly I have late afternoon commitments so that's me done.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Ya did that . I shut it off at 34%  so if needed I could turn on and use .

I turned it on and it went to the red line battery and shut off dead .

it died while turned off 

turn down your screen brightness .bright screens suck battery. or get your self a portable charger, just charge it up and take it with you.

Nada this morning and I left at 11 to go get tags and errands done...just unloaded car now...1 1/2 hours Just getting tags...WTH... Then it was old home week at the grocery store and  customer "issues" at 2 other stores... I stopped and talked to a couple of doe along side a short cut road home  Asked if they would cross the valley and teach are deer to hang out eating at 3pm...I think they shrugged as they turned 5 ft away and continued browsing in the culvert ditch. BTW it is absolutely freezing here compared to the valley and the wind isn't pleasant. I have to put stuff away not looking good on getting out and I stink from hanging around with a bunch of other people in a small area... sweated more there than walking to the stands...:rolleyes:

this is a rather sudden and dramatic drop. I used to go from 100% to like 98% while sleeping over night , now I loose 25%. 

Screen brighteness has been lowered , will bring my external battery .

Its lasting better since it died and was charged to 100 %, one more round of that should help from what I’ve read .

Back to the woods, nothing yet ....