Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

U guys don’t put your release on at the car? Everything in my car goes in my bookbag, on me, or I carry it (weapon). Can’t say I ever forgot something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, But some releases don't fall out of the way or attach to your wrist. Mine has one of those webbing straps and flops out of the way when not needed.

10 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Same, But some releases don't fall out of the way or attach to your wrist. Mine has one of those webbing straps and flops out of the way when not needed.

I started shooting the wise guy rigid this year and it actually folds back against your wrist/forearm when you don't need it . I can't even count the number of time my old release clanked on the climbing sticks going up.

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Second trip up the tree, I forgot my “@&$! release in the truck. Now I’m drenched. Good start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whenever I take my release off I loop it through my bow. Can't forget my release unless I forget my bow....Only ever going to forget my release once....

Let me start this comment with an UGH! I got up in the stand at 6:30 for a quick sit before work. Nice, quiet entry. Dabbed a little Doe smell good on the bottom of my pant legs. Started watching the clock as 7:45 was supposed to be as late as I should sit. At 7:50 I slowly started to wrap up. Put arrow in quiver and lowered bow. Took safety strap off. Climbed down ladder stick. Untied bow and reset bow tow line. Paused for a few seconds to listen. And Boom! 20 feet from me a buck didn’t like what he saw and took a few hard hard leaps out of view. A held my position and a few seconds later he let out two blows. I slowly knocked an arrow so I didn’t get attacked coming out of woods. Walked up to the house and got ready for work.

Moral of the story: I hate when work gets in the way of my hunting.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Whenever I take my release off I loop it through my bow. Can't forget my release unless I forget my bow....Only ever going to forget my release once....

Exactly what I do and set my range finder and binos in the case with my bow. 

• Like 2

U guys don’t put your release on at the car? Everything in my car goes in my bookbag, on me, or I carry it (weapon). Can’t say I ever forgot something.

Mine is left in the truck. Doesn’t go on till in the stand because it’s a glove style. But have a routine locked in stone. When I travel to hunt it really gives me anxiety. Throws the whole thing off.

All that said, I keep a spare release in the pack lol.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Question for everyone. The last 400acres of corn within 5 miles are getting finished being picked today they said around noon. I can Hunt all the fields as well as the surrounding land. Do I get in the corner of the hedge row where I can cover 4 fields or do I hunt the green fields around them? Daylight sightings have been down since that has been the last of he corn so I'm assuming there was a bunch of deer in it. There isn't much cover around close by other than an I hunt-able ravine that is too thick to see your nose.

i'd be looking for any slopes of moderate cover within a few hundred yards or so of the picked corn, for the deer to stage in with some room to mill around.  find a spot downwind of it with a strip of thicker cover you can watch.  i wouldn't think too many deer are hitting that too hard until closer to 2 pm or so.  they'll give the field time to settle but the deer won't wait until dusk i'd think.  it's a dinner bell.

Well it looks like I'll be buying my ML tag this year...Maybe I'll use it in the swamp opening day...of gun season...I just realized in the second picture just a tad high and your left of center is the crave stone of the person who's land we bought...They had asked permission the use our land to access a grave site...I said Ok and cleared a trail for them to bring in a small front end loader...I had to laugh when they placed her right infront of my hunting stand on the property line...Probably why the estate finally followed her wishes ((will) and sold the place to us if the nephews didn't want it..I suppose I can say I am never hunting alone there....lol^_^

• Like 1

Got out of the stand about 10. Took a walk through the woods to swap cam cards. Walked up on a big doe bedded near one of the trails. Got to 20, waited for her to stand. She stood up but I couldn’t get a shot at the vitals. She walked away, never knowing I was there. Found some car hood sized scrapes near one of my favorite stands so I hung a scrape dripper and slipped out. I’ll be back there this afternoon as long as it’s not raining much. 

• Like 1