Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

That looks like in the wind you will be replacing it.

No clue.  I have yet to see it in the store, but the reviews are solid.  Hate to suggest something I haven't personally used and abused so this is nothing more than a 'check it out'.

48 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

On a side note does anyone make a decent tree umbrella? I'm on my 3rd one in 2 years I have tried the ameristep and field and stream both broke and I broke another one this morning.

I have duck taped my Hunter's Specialties umbrella to a bow hanger. The original plastic holder was garbage and broke. Seems a sturdy setup now

Edited by Papist

I bought one of those battery packs that you plug into it when it's dead. Mine is from radio shack but similar to this. I leave it right in my pack warm or cold it has worked great. I charged mine last season didn't use it and had to use it this season, didn't think it would have a charge and was only down one light. Well worth it in an emergency.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/50000MAh-Power-Bank-Portable-2-USB-Output-Interface-For-All-Digital-Device-white-gray/257495267?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=7728&adid=22222222227071953900&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=182799627047&wl4=pla-477746435272&wl5=9005776&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115059135&wl11=online&wl12=257495267&wl13=&veh=sem
They still have radio shack's?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just had a rack buck chase 2 does by at 30yds.

On a side note does anyone make a decent tree umbrella? I'm on my 3rd one in 2 years I have tried the ameristep and field and stream both broke and I broke another one this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Used one from hunter specialties yesterday.....it was awesome....but can see it getting tore up if I try to use it in high winds. But it deff did the trick and made my sit in the light rain alot nicer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

This rain may have had them laying low all night and once it stops they will be up to feed and look for does. If it lets up later this am or early afternoon, it might be a golden time to be out there, so keep an eye on the radar, sharpen your knives and be ready to head out.

Blue sky a bit of sun... go to mailbox thinking time to go out. Hit road and got drenched all the way back to house...LOL it was like ma nature said ..."Ohhhhh... no you don't!"

• Like 1

I tapped out at 9:00. It would pour, then ease up like it was going to stop, then pour like hell again a few minutes later. Never went more than 5 min all morning with a break in showers. No way I would have felt comfortable shooting one or blood trailing with these downpours.... Screw it. I'll go dry out, get a hot meal, then get back at it this afternoon.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

of course, but hopefully there's a hole or 2 somewhere in the cavity... nothing seeps in?

Never had an issue.  But we are selective about what we shoot in here.  More work for sure.   Only certain areas in the cattails are standing water. 

Edited by moog5050

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Well rain finally stopped.   I couldn't be more wet if I sat in the shower this morning.  My pockets have puddles in them.  Should be a comfortable rest of the day.  Lol

You back in Mendon or did ya move to Cal?  Either way, good luck buddy!

11 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

Nothing just nothing I even ste an apple to draw them in!  New stand tonight. At least it will be a change of scenery. 

On the hill close to home, or PR?  We just pulled some cards a day or so ago, not far from you, that showed activity slowed down in the last few days. What bucks we did see on cam were mostly still at night. But things could pop at any time now. All it takes is one hot doe! Good luck and I'm there if you should need any help.

44 minutes ago, Belo said:

of course, but hopefully there's a hole or 2 somewhere in the cavity... nothing seeps in?

23 minutes ago, growalot said:

You actually had to say that...hahahaha :rofl::rolleyes:

what did i miss that was so funny? Not to mention my initial question was to the guy hunting in standing water, not Moog. 

Edited by Belo

21 minutes ago, grampy said:

You back in Mendon or did ya move to Cal?  Either way, good luck buddy!

On the hill close to home, or PR?  We just pulled some cards a day or so ago, not far from you, that showed activity slowed down in the last few days. What bucks we did see on cam were mostly still at night. But things could pop at any time now. All it takes is one hot doe! Good luck and I'm there if you should need any help.

Cal today.  Just spent 45min moving a stand.  Hope the bucks planned to show this afternoon.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, growalot said:

Lived on a farm out that way and have friends that owned farms there...in fact one particularly big horse farm...Some GREAT hunting out that way.

If you mean Caledonia, yep it's pretty good.  Not the volume of mendon but big deer

• Like 1