Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Hopefully the deer start falling this weekend for everyone.  First weekend of november ive always had goodluck.  I only have 4 sits left from saturday till gun so if its legal I'm letting the arrow fly. Only killed a couple with bow so they are all trophies and my freezer is getting low.  

• Like 3

This is my first compound season ever. Ive seen deer almost every sit. I got no complaints, plus it’s warm weather and I hate the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just messing with ya. From your posts you have been out more and have seen more than me.

• Like 2

Lol Biz was a bit stir crazy today!! Ima do my best tomorrow to get some blood on this thread!

Thirsty Thursday, 73 degrees, and I’m antsy for the weekend to hunt. Off Next Monday and Friday, so back to back 3 day weekends to hunt

• Like 1

Rain rain rain rain.yuck!been feelin ick the past few days.wake up this morn feelin like its starting to go into my chest.good ole bronchitis every dam hunting season!!guess id rather have it happen now then the gun opener.was looking forward to getting out tomorrow morn but may just sit it out n go to work instead.need some deer down to make up for the lost time!!!

Yesterday morning SUCKED sitting out in that pouring rain and never seeing a thing. Sitting here listening to the rain this morning, I'm not digging the idea of going back out in it and getting everything soaked again... UGH!! If weather underground is correct, it's suppose to stop between 7-8am though.  

Thunderstorms rolled in around 3a.m. it is still raining hard and not due to stop until 10 a.m....

I pulled card from cam under last night's stand on the night of the 1st it was a buck parade all night. 7 different buck strolled and fed by. Fork horn to the big boys. Several 8 pts.  They are out there...just not in day light...thundering out now...

Edited by growalot

Was headed back out this morning to our new spot we secured in 7R but I'll have to make a detour to a doctor since I may have a kidney stone of sorts. With my family history gotta get the plumbing checked. But if all goes well I'll be in my stand for nightwatch.

Real excited for the weekend of setting final stands in and getting better acclimated with the place. Me and my buddy picked up permission to hunt a 400 acre plot that only has two relatives who "occasionally" hunt. Spoke with both of them and they seem like great guys. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, chefhunter86 said:

Yahoooo.... headed to a meeting then off to camp for 10 days.... hopefully this meeeting goes by fast

i bet you will really be focused for this meeting!  lol.  Would they notice if you were sitting there in camo with the truck running?  good luck at camp.  I miss the old deer camp days 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Yahoooo.... headed to a meeting then off to camp for 10 days.... hopefully this meeeting goes by fast

2 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

What a beautiful friday. In my stand not at my desk makes for a great start of the weekend. Now we need the big boys to start movin’

• Like 4

i bet you will really be focused for this meeting!  lol.  Would they notice if you were sitting there in camo with the truck running?  good luck at camp.  I miss the old deer camp days 

Worst part is I’m responsible for running more then half of it... Maybe I’ll wear my release and see if anyone notices lol

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Worst part is I’m responsible for running more then half of it... Maybe I’ll wear my release and see if anyone notices lol

"What's that smell?"

"Well I can tell it ain't me! And it certainly don't smell like doe estrus!"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

thats not the worst part - that might be the best part....... opening line......."gonna have to end this meeting early today, but help yourself to the donuts I brought in"  lol

and i wouldnt wear the release it will just cause people to ask more questions and keep you there longer........yes i have been and done a few meetings.....:) 

• Like 2

Going to wait till this afternoons watch just getting out of work and I'm pretty tired not to mention it's supposed to cool off through the day and the rains supposed to stop. Good luck to all heading out hoping to wake up to some new posts in the harvest thread.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk