Free bow to youth hunter

Chef

Is anyone out there looking for a bow for their kid? I have a mission manic that is about 7 years old. String is in good condition, I have a whisker biscuit, and sight I can throw on there for

You. Tell us all a little about your kid, how into hunting they are, and anything you would like to share and it's theirs. If this can go to someone who maybe has a hard time with gifts around the holidays even better. All I ask is you update this thread with pics of them shooting the bow and maybe even their first harvest. I will ship anywhere in New York or face to face pickup in the hudson valley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

What an awesome way to pay it forward! Some kid will get a special gift, that will mean so much to them, thanks to your kindness. Way to go chef! You just banked a bunch of good mojo! Best of luck to you this season sir.

• Like 1

Not sure if this will fit my son or not. He is 7 but he is tall. He is very tall for his age. He is just getting the bug and into hunting. He goes and checks cameras with me all the time and loved looking at the photos.

I bought a blind for him to go and sit with me. For some reason though he loves turkey hunting more then deer which is fine. He loves watching hunting shows and asking questions about deer. He is really into all my gear and checking things out.

He does love to watch me shoot my bow and he just started wanted to shoot a bow. All he has shot is a cheap nerf style bow but he has gotten the basics down from that.

I'm in the Saratoga Springs area. I could meet up with ya even somewhere. Let me know if this bow would fit him or what age group it's for.

Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Is anyone out there looking for a bow for their kid? I have a mission manic that is about 7 years old. String is in good condition, I have a whisker biscuit, and sight I can throw on there for

You. Tell us all a little about your kid, how into hunting they are, and anything you would like to share and it's theirs. If this can go to someone who maybe has a hard time with gifts around the holidays even better. All I ask is you update this thread with pics of them shooting the bow and maybe even their first harvest. I will ship anywhere in New York or face to face pickup in the hudson valley

Is it a righty or lefty, both my boys 9 and 13 are both leftys and already shoot entry level recurves. Would like to step up the 13 year old to a real bow. Let me know. A great deed, will make some kid very happy. That's an awesome gesture.

Not sure if this will fit my son or not. He is 7 but he is tall. He is very tall for his age. He is just getting the bug and into hunting. He goes and checks cameras with me all the time and loved looking at the photos.

I bought a blind for him to go and sit with me. For some reason though he loves turkey hunting more then deer which is fine. He loves watching hunting shows and asking questions about deer. He is really into all my gear and checking things out.

He does love to watch me shoot my bow and he just started wanted to shoot a bow. All he has shot is a cheap nerf style bow but he has gotten the basics down from that.

I'm in the Saratoga Springs area. I could meet up with ya even somewhere. Let me know if this bow would fit him or what age group it's for.

Thanks in advance.

It's probably a little out of his age range I do not believe the draw length or weight would adjust down low enough for a 7 year old. I'll look into it though and let you know. How tall is he and do you think he could pull 40lbs ?

Is it a righty or lefty, both my boys 9 and 13 are both leftys and already shoot entry level recurves. Would like to step up the 13 year old to a real bow. Let me know. A great deed, will make some kid very happy. That's an awesome gesture.

That would have been perfect but it's a righty bow

Awesome of you Chef....Wish I could tell you my 12 year old daughter was really into it but she just isn't into hunting. Which is fine, she has many other hobbies and likes to be outside. She hasn't been to the stand with me in a couple of seasons. Probably would help if I cold see a freakin deer the few times she has gone...Maybe someday...

It's probably a little out of his age range I do not believe the draw length or weight would adjust down low enough for a 7 year old. I'll look into it though and let you know. How tall is he and do you think he could pull 40lbs ?

No way he could have pull 40 pounds. Thanks for the consideration and the awesome deed you are doing for people. Please move on to the next person.

• Like 1

Chefhunter, bow still available? 

I have two grand nephews, 12 and 13, that are excited about hunting. They lost there dad(my nephew) 4 yrs ago, and there mom can't afford bows for them. I've been taking them along with me, and Kayden took his first turkey this spring.  I've gotten them camo, boots and cold weather gear. I do what I can for the boys and there sister, and am thankful they have a interest in hunting. 

Thanks... 

Edited by mowin

Chefhunter, bow still available? 

I have two grand nephews, 12 and 13, that are excited about hunting. They lost there dad(my nephew) 4 yrs ago, and there mom can't afford bows for them. I've been taking them along with me, and Kayden took his first turkey this spring.  I've gotten them camo, boots and cold weather gear. I do what I can for the boys and there sister, and am thankful they have a interest in hunting. 

Thanks... 

Yes the bow is still available!!! And this sounds like the perfect home for it, send me a pm with shipping address and and I'll get it set up, packed up, and shipped out!

• Like 4