Repercussions of "passing" deer.

wolc123

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

And there we have it. A Papist conspiracy theory.  

This is the wackiest thing I've ever heard 

Didn't you get one of those 3" or so spikes last year ?  I will bet that one was good eating.   I hope he has a little brother up this way on Saturday.    That would be the wackiest thing I ever saw.  Anyhow, thanks for getting this hot-topic to three pages, that might help some folks fill some tags.

Edited by wolc123

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

You do realize you haven't convinced even mildly 1 single person to not pass on deer because of your reasoning ?! 

You sure ?  Looks like a  "like" or two on the initial post to me.  Maybe some are thinking about it at least.  Nice try though.

Edited by wolc123

My condolences to the family of deceased teen.

I tried really hard not to get involved in this one...But....

wolc123, I haven't seen you one post any condolences, thoughts, or prayers to the family involved in this! You just came out spouting off promoting your "If it's brown it's down" mentality. This was a sad and pathetic way to just reignite the debate of what deer to kill. God is NOT on your side with one troll!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ....rob said:

My condolences to the family of deceased teen.

I tried really hard not to get involved in this one...But....

wolc123, I haven't seen you one post any condolences, thoughts, or prayers to the family involved in this! You just came out spouting off promoting your "If it's brown it's down" mentality. This was a sad and pathetic way to just reignite the debate of what deer to kill. God is NOT on your side with one troll!

Thanks Rob for bringing God up again on this thread and earning a "like" out of me.  I have said many times, we simply can not have too much of Him on a hunting website where we are all so blessed to be in great position to enjoy the blessings of His grace.   Thanks also for the reminder about offering a prayer for the family.  In this case it is especially important because they lost another daughter back in 2014 so they could certainly use ALL of our prayers.   It is my sincerest hope that they all get to meet up again someday with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Thanks again and happy hunting to you this season.

All I can say is hahahahahahhaha..... dude ur insane.... so if that's the case Shouldn't we destroy all guns so people don't get shot, slash all tires so there are no car accidents?? Oh hears a great one why don't we kill every single Muslim we can find so we don't ever have a terrorist attack ever aging..... bro you contribute nothing to society maybe you should cut off your fingers so you never type anything this stupid ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wow, I honestly can not even believe what I have read here, I have read some pretty crazy ideas from you but wolc,,,, this one takes the cake!

So now because some kid says something about a deer, but yet nothing else in the released reports indicate anything involving a deer you take it as gospel and come on here and tell everyone here that if we pass up deer we ARE part of the problem.

maybe you should start practicing with the vertical bow so you can try to start killing deer earlier, heck that will give you another bambi tag also.

This is about as stupid logic as was the antlerless only 2 week season of a few years ago,  it doesn't matter if you gave out 1 million antlerless tags, there is too much closed land so you cant kill deer when you cant have access to them.

Whether or not a deer was involved is irrelevant, this is nothing more than a tragedy for the family but to make it your mission to take it out on wildlife as your own personal vendetta against the deer would make people question your sanity! 

There are far more humans killed every day by alcohol and drugs, not just drunk or impaired drivers but every day use of both drugs, use of those drugs is a personal CHOICE. So using your logic if you drink alcohol you ARE part of the problem!

Edited by reeltime
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

All I can say is hahahahahahhaha..... dude ur insane.... so if that's the case Shouldn't we destroy all guns so people don't get shot, slash all tires so there are no car accidents?? Oh hears a great one why don't we kill every single Muslim we can find so we don't ever have a terrorist attack ever aging..... bro you contribute nothing to society maybe you should cut off your fingers so you never type anything this stupid ever again.

REALLY!!!!!

7 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Chef, I understand you had a rough day hunting, but that is no excuse to get nasty.  You were doing so good.  I will say a prayer for you.  Don't forget your Bible. There will always be hope for all people.   I hope it gets better soon.

• Confused 1

Chef, I understand you had a rough day hunting, but that is no excuse to get nasty.  You were doing so good.  I will say a prayer for you.  Don't forget your Bible. There will always be hope for all people.   I hope it gets better soon.

Shooting baby deer and jesus.... that's all this drug addict can ever talk about. As soon as someone calls him out on his crap they are having a bad day hunting...... who do I have to pay to get this wack job kicked out of here?

• Like 1

We all live here in harmony on this earth and a small buck deserves the same respect as a mature whitetail, all life has to be respected that’s our duty as hunters,,  culling the deer population to suite the car insurance business is not what we are as hunters about IMO remember the deer where here long before cars...Accidents happen and that’s tragic buts life is not fair we all have unfortunate story’s like that...

I have had 4 opportunities to take a shot at 4 four point bucks and never raised the bow at any of them . I would sooner take a doe or a bigger buck . I may end up eating buck tags but my family won't starve if that happens . Toward the end of gun season or ML season , I might change my mind . Last year I shot 4 doe and had no reason to take any small deer . 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Thanks Rob for bringing God up again on this thread and earning a "like" out of me.  I have said many times, we simply can not have too much of Him on a hunting website where we are all so blessed to be in great position to enjoy the blessings of His grace.   Thanks also for the reminder about offering a prayer for the family.  In this case it is especially important because they lost another daughter back in 2014 so they could certainly use ALL of our prayers.   It is my sincerest hope that they all get to meet up again someday with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Thanks again and happy hunting to you this season.

Please remove that like. You just don't get it do you? 

You are welcome for bringing your skewed attention to a fact you failed to see or acknowledge. You should have said condolences from the get go! You did not! So what does that honestly say about you?

I also want to add, if you really wanted to make an impact like you stated in your original post, you would be hunting with a vert bow. Just sayin'!

• Like 1

I respect everyone's decision to pass small bucks if they want to, and I am thankful that they can make that choice.  The small bucks they pass just might be what keeps my own family fed on some years.   From a population control standpoint, meeting your meat needs by killing does makes more sense than killing bucks and I am glad you have had the chances to do that FE. 

On more seasons than not, I have only had opportunities at bucks, and that is the main reason that most of our meat has been supplied by them.   I rarely pass on an antlerless deer, if I have a chance and a tag, although 25 % of those have been bb's thru the years.    

Sorry Rob, I can't remove the "like".  Like I said earlier, you brought it on yourself by bringing God up.  Thanks again.

Edited by wolc123

Having a 12 year old daughter myself, to think about an accident you referred too makes me shutter...... BUTTTT

-why was the girl operating the ATV at a speed where she was not able to brake or control it upon a meeting with a dear?

-are you/we going to blame the person who was possibly gonna purchase the ATV before her family but didn’t?

-are you/we going to blame the ATV company for building the machine?

I can add a ton of these quips especially with all the national shootings we have had. Bottom line is, people need to start focusing the responsibilities on the accident/catastrophe itself. The girl passing is very sad. That is no reason to push the taking of EVERY deer or animal that you see.

How bout we just outlaw ATVs, cars, guns, cigarettes, alcohol, knives?????

• Like 1