Intro - Outdoorsman

Pieters_Pasture

My father got me interested in this site and nothing is better than the live feeds we hunters share daily. The empathy and experience that is shared is what makes this site explode. I have been sharing this site with many friends, family and coworkers that may not be able to be In the woods everyday but can "ride the wave" as the stories are told. 

Both my father and I hunt NYS, mostly SW Adirondacks and NW8J and have much success. I can't wait to see what this season brings and ill continue to update as the days, weeks and months pass. 

2017-11-06-19-18-26.jpg

Edited by Pieters_Pasture
Update photo
  • Like 7

Welcome aboard to this Hunting Forum.  I,m not on to much but I got your E-mail that you had joined us and wanted to give my best welcome to you.

There is nothing else that can explain the feeling,s of being  surrounded by nature  by yourself on watch in the woods.  My time,s  over my hunting years 

was mostly spent leaning against a tree listening and watching for  Deer .Sometimes your warm and sometimes when it start,s breaking light on a cold

frosty hunting morning you can feel chilled  to the bone..  My shooting hand while on watch or whatever I never wore a glove. In my pocket where I kept my trigger hand I always kept a hot bag . They last all day and some. 

There are just a few things that will bring home them venisen steaks.  Patience: wait till your deer is properly in place for a good kill zone shot.   Aim:  (know exactly) where that bullet is going to hit on that deer. Be careful to squeeze your shot off.   Safety: Remember to look beyond the animal that it,s ok to let that bullet go because when  you fire that round you can never call that round back.

Very important when dressing your animal to get (ALL) contaminants out. Completely remove the poop shoot. I know off a friend,s wife that came close to dieing because whom ever cleaned that deer did not clean it out correctly and no It was not myself. The meat was contaminated with deer shit residue they later found out.      Sorry for any miss spelled word,s and as usual ,some member,s will violate their own club laws and redicule my writings.  No shit, it has happened to me on this forum quite awhile back so be careful what you type.

Enjoy you Hunting . All the best to you and your dad.      Froggy.