HIGH of 25 F this Friday

Core

The heck.

I'm looking at 25 F and low of 19. Possible mix of snow Thursday night.

I'm on a new property this year though and cannot wait until we get some snow and then a couple days of sub-freezing and no precipitation because it will show me exactly where these scoundrels walk when I'm not there.

• Like 1

I cannot bowhunt in temperatures that are in the mid 20's.The amount of clothing necessary to stay on stand causes too much bulk which interferes with the string, my anchor, my form, and everything else that it takes to execute a decent shot. It even changes my sight settings. It's not like gun season where you can just throw on more clothing. So I will likely be passing on that day. Damn, this morning was cold enough ..... lol.

Might be a day to try some still-hunting. I usually can stay a little warmer if I am moving.

Edited by Doc

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

I cannot bowhunt in temperatures that are in the mid 20's.The amount of clothing necessary to stay on stand causes too much bulk which interferes with the string, my anchor, my form, and everything else that it takes to execute a decent shot. It even changes my sight settings. It's not like gun season where you can just throw on more clothing. So I will likely be passing on that day. Damn, this morning was cold enough ..... lol.

Might be a day to try some still-hunting. I usually can stay a little warmer if I am moving.

Wanna borrow my crossbow? lol. Sorry Doc, Just kidding. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

You know I like bowhunting but...I started carrying an xbow on saturday ;) To be honest though I haven't found my heavy clothing really gets in the way of the bow.

14 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Wanna borrow my crossbow? lol. Sorry Doc, Just kidding. 

That is one more super advantage of crossbows. Just like a rifle, there is none of that over-dressed nonsense to be concerned with. Just pile on the clothes as much as you want.....lol. There is no "form" concerns. All you have to be able to do is to look down the scope and pull the trigger.

I guess I'll pass. But thanks for the offer.....ha-ha-ha.

The heck.
I'm looking at 25 F and low of 19. Possible mix of snow Thursday night.
I'm on a new property this year though and cannot wait until we get some snow and then a couple days of sub-freezing and no precipitation because it will show me exactly where these scoundrels walk when I'm not there.
They walk under your stand, of course !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

After the fact, but I was excited to have a long w/e for what I hoped would be great conditions. WRong.15 degrees at the camp Friday am, but a nice light coating of snow. all day friday I couldn't cut a track, didn't see a thing. I had Saturday off, and it was even colder in the am, I slept in.