I sinned......

First-light

Why are there so many wussy cry baby pansys in this state? You people do realize the vast majority of states go by the 30 min before and after rule and I have yet to hear or any state thinking of changing it because of people being shot outside hours. The few times it’s happened in this state proves nothing other than what anyone who’s spent a lot of time hunting in the West, that east coast hunters are generally much less skilled or knowledgeable as western hunters. I’ve guided, so I know damn well what kind of hunters come from here, and trust me, they don’t paint a pretty picture for NY.
I’d love to hear how there could possibly be so many “reckless” states yet the news isn’t covered in deaths from hunters shooting 19 mins past sunset. If this were a serious problem, the world would know about it. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, a handful of deaths over the course of a couple decades does not even cause a blip on the radar for important issues.

And please spare me the disappointed parent lectures, I sleep just fine and look at myself in the mirror with a smile every day. Someday you people will pull your heads from the sand and realize there’s much bigger issues in the world than someone shooting a few mins past sunset. The fact that you think it’s reckless or dangerous doesn’t mean squat, you and my mother had the same concerns about my teenage self owing a motorcycle that did 200mph. Should we outlaw street bikes now to?

Wow that’s a pretty general statement that west coast hunters are more skilled than east coast hunters. It’s a completely horse shit. The two styles of hunting are completely different and so is the game being hunted...... you mean to tell me the antelope hunter that drives around, gets out, glasses, stalks and shoots. Is more skilled then the white tail hunter who scouts a specific buck all year and arrows him at 15 yards. Come on man... I just lost respect for anything you have to say on this or any other matter. I’ll give you the west coast hunter may be a better long range shot because there is more space to practice those shots out there.... better hunter no way .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Wow that’s a pretty general statement that west coast hunters are more skilled than east coast hunters. It’s a completely horse shit. The two styles of hunting are completely different and so is the game being hunted...... you mean to tell me the antelope hunter that drives around, gets out, glasses, stalks and shoots. Is more skilled then the white tail hunter who scouts a specific buck all year and arrows him at 15 yards. Come on man... I just lost respect for anything you have to say on this or any other matter. I’ll give you the west coast hunter may be a better long range shot because there is more space to practice those shots out there.... better hunter no way .

Lol you pick one animal and the laziest possible way to hunt as your example? I guess your one of these narrow minded guys around here. How about elk hunters or the mid western bow hunters? Elk guys are nuts, hiking miles and miles In search of the one. Most of those guys are way more skilled than your average eastern deer hunter. QDMA was invented in the mid west. I could go on and on but you’ll just blow it off because you must know so much more than someone who’s lived there for years and guided hunts for years.

Lol you pick one animal and the laziest possible way to hunt as your example? I guess your one of these narrow minded guys around here. How about elk hunters or the mid western bow hunters? Elk guys are nuts, hiking miles and miles In search of the one. Most of those guys are way more skilled than your average eastern deer hunter. QDMA was invented in the mid west. I could go on and on but you’ll just blow it off because you must know so much more than someone who’s lived there for years and guided hunts for years.

No you just made a general statement and I showed you that general statements are crap also you said western hunters I group midwestern white tail hunters in the same group as us ny bow hunters. Yet you call me narrow minded. Yet you made the narrow minded comment not me.

No you just made a general statement and I showed you that general statements are crap also you said western hunters I group midwestern white tail hunters in the same group as us ny bow hunters. Yet you call me narrow minded. Yet you made the narrow minded comment not me.

Ok since your not seeing it, I’ll go along with your bs. Mid western whitetail hunters as a whole I think are better than NY hunters as a whole. How does that sound? Was I clear enough this time? Now you can’t go pick a animal that doesn’t even live across the entire west, not to mentio antelope are like cattle to them out there. Hence why the locals drive around and pop them at long ranges for fun. They love ya east coast folk paying lots of money for speed goats. Hell there’s more antelope in Wyoming than people.

Ok since your not seeing it, I’ll go along with your bs. Mid western whitetail hunters as a whole I think are better than NY hunters as a whole. How does that sound? Was I clear enough this time? Now you can’t go pick a animal that doesn’t even live across the entire west, not to mentio antelope are like cattle to them out there. Hence why the locals drive around and pop them at long ranges for fun. They love ya east coast folk paying lots of money for speed goats. Hell there’s more antelope in Wyoming than people.

What don’t I get that you just made a asshole comment and insulted pretty much everyone on this forum... why are you even here? To be a dick? I picked that animal on purpose to show that your statement made no sense... guess you hate being proved wrong...if you hate i here so much why don’t you move back out west?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

I would disagree hunter density and property size is vastly different in the mid west.. I'd put a consistent public land eastern hunter as most skilled. Shots maybe further than east usually take but it takes far more skill to get.close to game than pop them at 200 plus yards.. that's target practice 

• Like 2

What don’t I get that you just made a asshole comment and insulted pretty much everyone on this forum... why are you even here? To be a dick? I picked that animal on purpose to show that your statement made no sense... guess you hate being proved wrong...if you hate i here so much why don’t you move back out west?

It’s not a insult. It’s just the truth. If you feel so offended then sorry but that’s your problem. I’m certainly allowed to have my own opinion that I’ve come to over years of experience. I worked in the hunting industry for long enough to see what’s what. You don’t like that or my opinion, o well, keep scrolling past my comments.

And just to be clear, you proved no one wrong, only that your thin skinned. Good luck to ya

7 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

So again, no good reasons to be against it other than personal safety concerns. Plenty of people have big safety concerns about driving on the highway, and you know what those people do? They stay off the highway! I really can’t believe I just read that Doc wants to further restrict hunting hours, you gotta be kidding me right? So what’s it gonna be Doc, end all hunting At 3pm so we can all make you and others like you feel better? If getting shot is of that big of a concern to you, why are you hunting somewhere that it is even a possibility. Don’t hunt public and don’t put up with trespassers. Your fear of getting shot is now fixed!

You might try reading that reply a bit slower so that you don't miss-quote me again. "I have nothing against using common sense and good judgment in further voluntarily restricting those hours, but I am not real happy with a bunch of yahoos out there making up their own rules when it comes to my safety."  So now you have a problem with using "common sense" when conditions make you feel like you should be quitting? I know that I have quit early when combinations of fog and dim light and heavy over-story made conditions seem inadequate for safe shooting. But since safety is a joke to you, I suppose you likely have never seen a situation where you would refuse to shoot. And I guess now you are telling me that you are against the current law and apparently also using "common sense" as even a guideline for quitting. You don't want any limits regarding lighting at all, do you?

The only fears I have of being shot is when I start hearing the opinions of those who consider safety a joke and those that have nothing but contempt for any safety laws.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

That sounds completely false . I watched a show and the host was originally from western ny   . His exact words "A 2.5 year old eastern buck is smarter then a 7 year western buck"

4 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Lol you pick one animal and the laziest possible way to hunt as your example? I guess your one of these narrow minded guys around hereemoji849.png. How about elk hunters or the mid western bow hunters? Elk guys are nuts, hiking miles and miles In search of the one. Most of those guys are way more skilled than your average eastern deer hunter. QDMA was invented in the mid west. I could go on and on but you’ll just blow it off because you must know so much more than someone who’s lived there for years and guided hunts for years.

I don't have a dog in the back and forth, but the QDMA was created in 87/88 in South Carolina. That's not the Midwest.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Arguing over who’s dad would win in a fight aside, I had no Idea antelope are that abundant and easy to kill.  Might have to try that at some point. 

You owe yourself a pronghorn hunt, ya big chooch  !!

Lots of fun  lots of animals sighted, lots of opportunities to try to get within range of critters that have 8X binoculars for eyes....

They are also pretty good eating, IF you  skin, quarter, and get them on ice within an hour or so after shooting them... They make a pretty mount, too.. You can check mine out when you come down to hunt gobblers with me in the spring...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...