What's Your Temp?

Rebel Darling

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Dom said:

For a good Pizza when in the area look up Uncle Sonnys/Stanfordville NY.The best and closest to a City Pie you can get.not only pizza but a great place to eat.

We bought the camp in May, I would honestly have to look at a map to know whete Stanfordville is.  Its nice to know of options, if you get the itch to go out for a lazy bite to eat.   Thank you.  Packed with cars is typically a good sign.

17 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Pizza isn't real food...It's only something to eat if you are hungry and there is no real food available....

With all due respect,  you are weird.  Although,  my grandpa HATES cheese, due to the depression,  so I wont judge. Again, no disrespect,  just having a little fun.

Edited by Bionic
  • Haha 1

Yes, sorry folks for the derail.  I just had to ask about pizza, lol.  I feel I bring a positive vibe otherwise.  Forgive me?

7 minutes ago, rachunter said:

it's on 30a if you go to Johnstown it's a little north. There's an Italian restaurant "romana's" if your looking for a place sit and eat. They serve  pizza but I got the dinner a few times good eats.

Ya here in Suffolk co. there's plenty of places.I eat pizza 3-4 times a week and never in the same place.lol

I looked at a few houses off 119 stewards landing and powerhouse rd. had two on each I was interested in but the owners wouldn't budge.  

I have heard of powerhouse rd.  We are a few miles from Saint Johnsville.  Romana's, i will try and remember that name.   It is just nice for a change of pace to go out, and eat, for something different.  How long have you had a place up above? Thanks again for the input.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Most Fridays, the guy I work with and I go out to lunch; where just depends on job site location. Typical its the Millbrook/Stanfordville area although now we've been north of Pine Plains for a spell. So we rotate around where we go close to the job.

And to stay on topic I had -8 last night. 

When I woke it was -10 neerabout that was 4.am still to cold unless having to go to work

4 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Yes, sorry folks for the derail.  I just had to ask about pizza, lol.  I feel I bring a positive vibe otherwise.  Forgive me?

I have heard of powerhouse rd.  We are a few miles from Saint Johnsville.  Romana's, i will try and remember that name.   It is just nice for a change of pace to go out, and eat, for something different.  How long have you had a place up above? Thanks again for the input.

Five years I fell in love with the area a few years before that. 

sorry rebel darling it's -10 with a -32 feels like. Now i'm cold and hungrey!!!

• Like 2

-17 when I got up at 6 am. That is the coldest I can remember seeing. 

About 35 years ago we were winter camping about this time of year though, and the rangers cabin thermometer registered exactly the same (-17).  We were pretty comfortable though, dug down in the snow at night with a nice dusting for insulation on top of the tarp. Two candle lanterns brought the inside temp up into the thirties, which was absolutely balmy in comparison.

I was going to drive up to the camp, snow shoe in to check on it, but wisdom is telling me however, that however it tis today, will probably be how it is next week end.