What's Your Temp?

Rebel Darling

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truck said 3 degrees when we were setting decoys this morning.  no idea what the windchill factor was but it was nippy.

just got off the ice and truck said 8 degrees, 25-30 mph wind. I know it was cold enough to flash freeze a perch in mid flop. lol

they said to bring the critters inside so I brought the bucket of perch in and put them in the sink so they would warm up. lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, reeltime said:

truck said 3 degrees when we were setting decoys this morning.  no idea what the windchill factor was but it was nippy.

just got off the ice and truck said 8 degrees, 25-30 mph wind. I know it was cold enough to flash freeze a perch in mid flop. lol

they said to bring the critters inside so I brought the bucket of perch in and put them in the sink so they would warm up. lol

They would warm up even quicker in some hot oil!  

Not sure of exact temps but we have no water.Not our fault no water comming from well house and also had 2 homes catch fire because they thought the water was frozen/pipes.won't be any water until Monday thank goodness for a bath tub full for the toilet

5 minutes ago, Bionic said:

We are off 119! Any good pizza places? 

Small world.

Gloversville "house of pizza" the only problem is by the time I get to my house it's ether gone or cold. lol

I've been trying frozen pizza but :bad: so far. There's not much in the immediate area.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Gloversville "house of pizza" the only problem is by the time I get to my house it's ether gone or cold. lol

I've been trying frozen pizza but :bad: so far. There's not much in the immediate area.

Hmmm, I haven't noticed that place.  I know its camp, and all, but I love pizza.  I make an amazing pie, but sometimes its nice to run out for a pizza.  Its good to see a place exists! You said Suffolk Co, so you must know what REAL pie tastes like...so I must watch out for house of pizza!

Fake pizza is rough for sure lol, Digiorno, is decent on a lazy, wth do I cook night...ONLY  if its on sale for about $5...otherwise when its not on sale for about $8 its not worth it.

Price Chopper has GREAT pizza doe, and in a pinch with fake sauce use Classico pizza sauce , or ricotta for a white pie! I also use sandwhich pepperoni,  tell the deli staff you want 8 slices of sammich pepperoni,  its tasty, and A LOT cheaper than buying two sticks for $8, or that greasy pack of hormel garbage.  

Sorrt, I love pizza, it crosses my mind even in a weather thread, haha.

Edited by Bionic

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

For a good Pizza when in the area look up Uncle Sonnys/Stanfordville NY.The best and closest to a City Pie you can get.not only pizza but a great place to eat.

Eat there for lunch a fair amount, but have never had a pizza; place is packed when I go by there in the evenings on way home.

Don't care for the pizza place in Stanfordville by the town hall.

6 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

One nice thing about this cold stretch is that it will set the ticks back a bit.   Those things had been getting pretty bad over most of the state after a couple consecutive mild winters. 

Your crazy those things/ticks love this weather!They will latch on in any weather I know first hand 

5 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Eat there for lunch a fair amount, but have never had a pizza; place is packed when I go by there in the evenings on way home.

Don't care for the pizza place in Stanfordville by the town hall.

No you don't want Stanfordville pizza Go ask Sonny at uncle Sonnys to make you a Pie.If You'd like I could meet you there and have lunch

it's on 30a if you go to Johnstown it's a little north. There's an Italian restaurant "romana's" if your looking for a place sit and eat. They serve  pizza but I got the dinner a few times good eats.

Ya here in Suffolk co. there's plenty of places.I eat pizza 3-4 times a week and never in the same place.lol

I looked at a few houses off 119 stewards landing and powerhouse rd. had two on each I was interested in but the owners wouldn't budge.  

22 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Hmmm, I haven't noticed that place.  I know its camp, and all, but I love pizza.  I make an amazing pie, but sometimes its nice to run out for a pizza.  Its good to see a place exists! You said Suffolk Co, so you must know what REAL pie tastes like...so I must watch out for house of pizza!

Price Chopper has GREAT pizza doe, and in a pinch with fake sauce use Classico pizza sauce , or ricotta for a white pie! I also use sandwhich pepperoni,  tell the deli staff you want 8 slices of sammich pepperoni,  its tasty, and A LOT cheaper than buying two sticks for $8, or that greasy pack of hormel garbage.  

Sorrt, I love pizza, it crosses my mind even in a weather thread, haha.

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

No you don't want Stanfordville pizza Go ask Sonny at uncle Sonnys to make you a Pie.If You'd like I could meet you there and have lunch

Most Fridays, the guy I work with and I go out to lunch; where just depends on job site location. Typical its the Millbrook/Stanfordville area although now we've been north of Pine Plains for a spell. So we rotate around where we go close to the job.

And to stay on topic I had -8 last night.