Letchworth Monster?

I dont know if that is from letchworth or not but i can tell you for a FACT that there are bucks in that class on letchworth.I have seen some monsters on the bottom of that park and taken a few.There seems to be bigger deer on the east side of the park as it is bigger and its thick on the bottom.The only place i hunt is the bottom for that kinda deer right there.I would say if that was found there it was on the east side because of the snow on the ground but i think they had a storm come through during that time also.Would not surprize me a bit if it came from there but i can say i didnt see him last season but i saw a buck that might be his little brother.Letchworth is a great place to hunt but its not for the faint at heart!!!!!!

There are indeed bucks that big on the park.Most die of old age as it is so thick and so steep in the places where you find that kind off animal.I have seen them laying in the bottom of the gorge where there is sheer rock walls on both sides of them and the only way to them would be to repel down 500ft walls.Most places we go we have to use ropes and tie them to trees at the top and use the rope to slow down your fall down and they are the only way to get back out.I was hunting there 15 years ago when you needed 3 people on a party permit.We have found alot of nooks and crannys in there but it can be dangerous and fun at the same time.If you hunt with us you will learn antler restrictions and never think about takin a doe or you will be down there with your prize for a week. lol

• Like 1

I have seen them laying in the bottom of the gorge where there is sheer rock walls on both sides of them and the only way to them would be to repel down 500ft walls.Most places we go we have to use ropes and tie them to trees at the top and use the rope to slow down your fall down and they are the only way to get back out.

If you guys have to use ropes to get down in there, exactly how do the deer get there?  We are talking about whitetail deer here and not mountain goats after all.  Deer are certainly more agile and surefooted than we are, but I would think it wouldn't be a pleasure trip for the deer to get in there neither.  I would also think it would take some extremely heavy hunting pressure to push deer into a habitat like that.  Deer can be lazy just like humans and they will most often opt for easier escape routes.  It's not like deer have some super reasoning powers like many try to make us believe.  Thousands upon thousands get shot each and every year of all shapes and sizes to prove this fact.

Hey steve if you have never seen a deer sit on its ass and slide down hill you are more than welcome to meet me at the park and i will show you just that.If you have never been to the bottom of letchworth state park you are missing a total different deer. I dont want to sound like a smuck here but its thinking like you have that lets us pull 130 to 160 class bucks out of there just about each year.I will take it one step more than that and i will tell you we see book deer every year some taken,most not.They know how to run them banks and ridges trust me.They are what you say their not!!!!!

Continued luck to you then.  I have absolutely NO desire to hunt in terrain like that.  I could care less about antler scores also, so I will stick to hunting areas that are more accessible to both man and beast and where my success rate has still been pretty good.

I couldn't find anything about this exact deer anywhere on the net stating if was found at Letchworth....................but I did find this one from last March.

4438813490_65a134329f_z.jpg

The guy found it while doing some early Spring hiking in the Park.

FDXX75

I scored this buck last year for the guy(150") and the story I got was it was found in Henrietta not Letchworth.  One thing is for sure you can't believe crap these days but both bucks are monsters.  Hunt hard and often, one thing is for sure, even if you move hunting locations you won't get those 2 they are already out of population.

• Like 1