Is anyone else having issues with pistol recertification?

RangerClay

18 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I heard the state police will not inforce the deadline if you claim you didn't know there was one......don't want to find out if that is true....but just there way of easing the deadline crunch

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Right, and I'm the Best Man at Biz and Grow's wedding! :rofl:

NYS process sucks, I renew for two,other states and it’s a breeze for the , most part.  NYS state , one has to list the  gun as pistol, revolver or single shot. I own a derringer, so none of the above ..... I,put it down as single shot .

Some guns I had  no idea of the “model “so I just made it up , went through no problem.

The county had one of my ser. Numbers wrong , no process for that either , it excepted my incorrect  one and co registered on wife’s as correct .

its a joke they don’t check anything .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

• 2 months later...

I did mine online quite some time ago. It went through in a matter of days.

What did you guys expect? Half of you were laughing about it saying you were gonna wait till the deadline so it would clog their system up.

The way I look at it is, its not going away just because the system backs up at the deadline, so I took care of it early and it wasnt anything I had to worry about.

20 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

What did you guys expect? Half of you were laughing about it saying you were gonna wait till the deadline so it would clog their system up.

The way I look at it is, its not going away just because the system backs up at the deadline, so I took care of it early and it wasnt anything I had to worry about.

The re-certification means nothing as long as you got it in by the deadline. So I was one of the "cloggers"...... F them

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

The re-certification means nothing as long as you got it in by the deadline. So I was one of the "cloggers"...... F them

X2

24 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I hope it backlogs for a good year it's bull crap we had to do it in the first place. If I have to go through the hoops why make it easier for someone else for something they already have?

5 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

X2

I hope it backlogs for a good year it's bull crap we had to do it in the first place. If I have to go through the hoops why make it easier for someone else for something they already have?

I really dont have a problem with it. Its like renewing your drivers license IMO

18 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i did it online and got an instant confirmation back many months ago.  Was there supposed to be more? I of course kept that but I didnt think there was an "approval" - maybe thats just if you mailed it in.  

You have to check and see, they dont send you a pass/fail notification

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

That's make two of us. I purposely waited til the last week in order to make the deadline. As of today no re-certification. My permit didn't have a expiration date when I got it and if takes them til doomsday I could care less.

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You have to check and see, they dont send you a pass/fail notification

They do send a pass notice . I got an email that gave a receipt number and then said to check my status and it showed that my recertification was fine and that I need to renew January 9 , 2023 .