How stupid have we become...

Robhuntandfish

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

I completely agree that lawyers should not advertise.  But if you are hurt in a hunting accident, call 555-5555!

Whenever one of those ambulance chasing bastards advertises on TV I lob imaginary grenades at the screen...

" HURT in a CAR  ?  Call William    BOOOOOM !!!..."..........Hehehehehe.....

Many years I ago I sued the Rochester Police dept, and the city of Rochester , who,knew the city would one Day be my employer ?

Anyhow, one thing I didn’t care for was the Lawyer, keeping me “one step behind “in the settlement offers . See that way when you get near the amount you,think you can get, he can say “you can take it, but I think   I can get a little more out of them .” See he already knows what the next offer is.

If you say, go for it, he comes back with the offer he already has, if you say take it, he comes back with more, and says, “ I just had a feeling I could get more.”and nobody’s going to complain about more money and you think he’s a great attorney.

I personally like Lawyers, I have friends and family in that profession, and they’ve helped me many times , like when the computer store at The.University of Buffalo threaten to have me arrested, I handled that myself , but had my brother in law in the loop, who advised me on what to do.

A guy is annoyed by a low-hanging tree branch in his yard that impedes his mowing regimen. He goes to the local big-box store and buys a chainsaw and a ladder, two things that should never, ever be mixed together, BTW. His expectation is that the limb will fall to the ground where he can cut it into manageable pieces. The falling branch sweeps the ladder out from under him and he breaks his neck in the ensuing fall. The company that made the ladder is not at fault for the stupidity, and neither is the company that made the chainsaw.

• Like 1

i have to deal with ridiculously designed gas cans now because the Blitz ones that worked great aren't made anymore. idiots did something stupid and sued all the time. lawsuit that finally sent one of the last nails home was a guy that intended on stoking his already lit wood stove with a full can of gas. blew himself up and his young daughter that died in a horrible way. says right on there can molded into the can keep away from things like that and if i remember it even has "wood stoves" in the disclaimer. yet the dumb lump of charcoal won millions. there was almost a hundred other cases going too before the company basically shelled out nine figures to settle all of them and call it a good run before closing doors. it was a US company based in OK.

21 minutes ago, philoshop said:

A guy is annoyed by a low-hanging tree branch in his yard that impedes his mowing regimen. He goes to the local big-box store and buys a chainsaw and a ladder, two things that should never, ever be mixed together, BTW. His expectation is that the limb will fall to the ground where he can cut it into manageable pieces. The falling branch sweeps the ladder out from under him and he breaks his neck in the ensuing fall. The company that made the ladder is not at fault for the stupidity, and neither is the company that made the chainsaw.

Sounds like a clear cut failure to warn case Philo.  Call me.  Haha.  

Dont worry, we can rope in whoever planted the tree and the seed manufacturer too.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

I never became a certified arborist, but I was trained by people certified in the trade/profession. There's a bit of a rush being in a canopy with a bunch of rope and a chainsaw. :) Arborists are not killed while cutting from ladders for one simple reason. They just don't do it. Homeowners are killed all the time cutting from ladders because they don't know any better.