17 killed in shooting at high school in Parkland, Florida, authorities say

52 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I would give up social media, over publicized murders, graphic movies and video games for example before I gave up my gun rights. 

Everytime there is a mass murder publicized the next one wants to out due the previous one. I can turn on the news and see violent protest in other countries, and sometime ours. I can go to the movies and see the most grotesque things that a mind can imagine. I can go buy a video game that the winner is who kills the most people, and very graphic. Then we all sit around and wonder how these things occur. Huh, I wonder.

I can give up those things first. What are you willing to give up?

Nobody is asking you to give up your guns. Everyone of us on this site own guns, for hunting and home protection. No one is coming to your house to take away your second amendment rights. If I could save your kids’ life, I’d give all of them up. I’m not willing to sacrifice my kids’ lives because all Republicans can offer are thoughts and prayers. All I’m saying is that hardline republicans are making lots of excuses and deflecting blame instead of acknowledging that its time to be rational. Laws save lives.  Rubio and all the other spineless greedy bastards go home and cry into their $8,000 bitch blanket because rational humane thought is being skewed by the millions of puppet money.  Yes video games and movies contribute, so let’s fix that too. I’ll give up my PS3 and stop playing Call of Duty too if they come to the table and get off their knees for more than just prayers

Edited by vcollaco

19 minutes ago, vcollaco said:

Nobody is asking you to give up your guns. Everyone of us on this site own guns, for hunting and home protection. No one is coming to your house to take away your second amendment rights. If I could save your kids’ life, I’d give all of them up. I’m not willing to sacrifice my kids’ lives because all Republicans can offer are thoughts and prayers. All I’m saying is that hardline republicans are making lots of excuses and deflecting blame instead of acknowledging that its time to be rational. Laws save lives.  Rubio and all the other spineless greedy bastards go home and cry into their $8,000 bitch blanket because rational humane thought is being skewed by the millions of puppet money.  Yes video games and movies contribute, so let’s fix that too. I’ll give up my PS3 and stop playing Call of Duty too if they come to the table and get off their knees for more than just prayers

Laws save lives? There are all ready laws. About time the current ones are enforced before more are passed. Really murder is against the law but that didn't stop the shooting. IMO more gun laws won't niether. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vcollaco said:

Are you serious? I think it might have been the fact that 17 friends and teachers were just murdered...

All of you that aren’t willing to compromise and be realistic that some common sense legislation needs to be passed would change your tune when your son, daughter, niece, nephew, etc were murdered. 

Turn schools into guarded prisons? Ok, great but then you are going to bitch about paying more in taxes. So that won’t happen either.

All you conservatives don’t support universal health care... so drop the mental health excuse.

It’s the person not the gun? Take the tool away, you can’t do the work.

Remington 870, handguns are next? Please. 8-15 shots maybe in a minute isn’t enough for you guys? Time for some shooting lessons... oh yeah that isn’t required to purchase any gun...

45 shots per minute, bump stocks 

The founding fathers didn’t have these in mind when they wrote the second amendment. If we had them running the government today instead of the corrupt, money hungry puppets of the NRA, they’d take action as they had to Back then.

So instead of crying fake news and blaming leftists, victims and making excuses, what are you actually willing to give up besides the lives of babies? You don’t want legislation, taxes, healthcare, laws... 

Propose some solutions. Be rational. Stop solely watching Fox News. 

Where the heck did this guy come from?  He's on a hunting site spewing all of the leftist talking points aimed at taking away his rights.  Not just 2nd Amendment and hunting rights, ALL of his rights.  He seems to be OK with "giving up" his rights though.  He is a prime example of the kids I mentioned who have been indoctrinated, rather than educated, and lack the ability to think for themselves. If he's older than 30, he's a fool that needs to grow up.

I'm not even going into a point by point rebuttal of all of these leftist talking points because it's obvious his mind is closed and his emotions rule his brain.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Laws save lives? There are all ready laws. About time the current ones are enforced before more are passed. Really murder is against the law but that didn't stop the shooting. IMO more gun laws won't niether. 

Hunter orange, seatbelts, DWI, red lights... ok so then address the mental health claim. Forget the wall, fortify Elementary schools... so kindergarteners can get searched. And wear your backpacks on your chest with 3 textbooks to deflect 223 impacts. You going to approve the tax increase? I will. 

53 minutes ago, vcollaco said:

Not yet...

If someone proposes gun control legislation that may have prevented any of these tragedies, I'll be all ears. But it's not the guns. It's the people, the society , and the culture. The guns are just an overly simplistic way to get people agitated so that they ignore the real issues which are exceedingly difficult to address, primarily because they were caused by the people now calling for more "gun control".

Edited by philoshop
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, vcollaco said:

You are completely clueless regarding the anti-gun agenda in the world buddy.  Try being open minded and accepting the fact they ARE trying to take all of our firearms away.  Unbelievable.

TakeYourGuns.jpg

Watts.jpg

• Like 2

People who do not understand rights, or the US Constitution, need to be educated about the evils of taking them away.  Too bad they would rather listen to the people who are trying to take them away.

"The government may not descend to the evil of preventive law. The government cannot treat men as guilty until they have proven themselves to be, for the moment, innocent. No law can require the individual to prove that he won't violate another's rights, in the absence of evidence that he is going to.

But this is precisely what gun control laws do. Gun control laws use force against the individual in the absence of any specific evidence that he is about to commit a crime. They say to the rational, responsible gun owner: you may not have or carry a gun because others have used them irrationally or irresponsibly. Thus, preventive law sacrifices the rational and responsible to the irrational and irresponsible. This is unjust and intolerable.

The government may coercively intervene only when there is an objective threat that someone is going to use force."

Harvey Binswanger

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, vcollaco said:

Exactly. No solution to offer. I’d give them up to save a kid’s life... your kid’s life. Again, nobody is coming to take your guns.

How about we give up some of the rights of the press which include what is available to see on the net. Ideas of destruction are only a google search away. Do not need an AR to perform acts of destruction.  Maybe even hold the the news accountable for what they report. 

47 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Where the heck did this guy come from?  He's on a hunting site spewing all of the leftist talking points aimed at taking away his rights.  Not just 2nd Amendment and hunting rights, ALL of his rights.  He seems to be OK with "giving up" his rights though. 

He doesn't walk lock step with your opinions so he is automatically labeled a pinko leftist communist?  

Apparently the school "GUN FREE ZONE", murder is illegal and using a rifle to commit a crime is also illegal did not work to stop the senseless murders of 17 and many injured innocent, good people.  So how do we eliminate or reduce the possibility of more murdering?  So how about defining solutions?

Do you agree that the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs is the major root cause of gun violence?  So why not execute or imprison for life at hard labor those who provide dope to drug addicts who are apparently mentally ill since what sane person would take dope into their body?  Why not treat all dope addicts once as mental ill patients and send them for REAL rehabilitation?  Ask countries who have little or no dope problems how they solve the problem.

Do you agree that America needs an overhaul of its mental health system?  Are too many of the mentally ill under medicated, over medicated or left on the street to endanger others?  So do we build more mental institutions to institutionalize those who are a danger to society before they commit crime?

Do you agree that the Americas youth (70% are UNFIT for military service) are being raised by incompetent families and teachers?  So how do you "legislate" or "train" parents?  So how do you fix a welfare system that enables single motherhood with social programs to finance the absence of a father?  So how do you prevent the 70% from being unfit for military service?

Do you agree that bullying (the shooter was reported to have been bullied) is a problem that provokes some into violence or suicide?  So how do you deal with a bully?

Do you agree that GUN FREE ZONES do not deter and may encourage violent sociopaths to commit murder there?  So do we not have GUN FREE ZONES and have trained and capable armed person on those sites  and allow licensed handgun owners on those sites?

Edited by Wilderness
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, vcollaco said:

Exactly. No solution to offer. I’d give them up to save a kid’s life... your kid’s life. Again, nobody is coming to take your guns.

I have a few solutions:

Stop normalizing violence as a solution to every problem, particularly gun violence. It seems to be held up as 'the solution' in nearly every movie or video game out there. It's the entire basis of the entertainment industry.

Stop the attack on Christian values. Belief in God and the power of prayer was stitched into our nation's founding. It's being systematically destroyed. It doesn't need to be adopted by everyone, but it should be respected by every American.

Bring the Pledge of Allegiance back into the schools. A sense of patriotism is important among the youth.

Reintroduce the "Civics" class in schools so that kids can learn what the U.S. Constitution is all about.

Restrict the age of social media use to those over 18 years of age so that it isn't so detrimental to the development of children. These are just a few, but I could certainly go on...

These are issues that have been created by the Leftists, and any solution to these issues will be violently opposed by the leftists. That's why there is no easy solution.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vcollaco said:

Again, nobody is coming to take your guns.

Governor Cuomo's SAFE Act was designed to eventually take away rifles that only look like REAL assault  rifles, and if you do not recertify your pistol permit you will get your pistol permit revoked to enable the police to  confiscate  your handguns. 

Edited by Wilderness
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I have a few solutions:

Stop normalizing violence as a solution to every problem, particularly gun violence. It seems to be held up as 'the solution' in nearly every movie or video game out there. It's the entire basis of the entertainment industry.

Stop the attack on Christian values. Belief in God and the power of prayer was stitched into our nation's founding. It's being systematically destroyed. It doesn't need to be adopted by everyone, but it should be respected by every American.

Bring the Pledge of Allegiance back into the schools. A sense of patriotism is important among the youth.

Reintroduce the "Civics" class in schools so that kids can learn what the U.S. Constitution is all about.

Restrict the age of social media use to those over 18 years of age so that it isn't so detrimental to the development of children. These are just a few, but I could certainly go on...

These are issues that have been created by the Leftists, and any solution to these issues will be violently opposed by the leftists. That's why there is no easy solution.

All great suggestions. If they take no action and try to let this blow over, their days are numbered and THEN they're going to come after our guns.  The pledge is recited every day in my kids' schools.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, steve863 said:

He doesn't walk lock step with your opinions so he is automatically labeled a pinko leftist communist?  

Where did I say that?  I point out where his opinions are wrong.  That's called refuting his opinions.  Hyperbole much?

• Like 1