21 Minimum age limit for purchasing long guns

4 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I truly hope I am wrong on this, and that the things he said yesterday were some sort of Trump-trickery mind game hes playing with the antis, but it sure didnt feel that way as he was saying it.

I would agree.  Still too early to call.  Like I said in an earlier post, he may tweet something completely different in the middle of the night one of these nights.  Maybe he sleepwalks and what he tweets isn't him saying what he really means?  Or maybe it is??   LOL

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I truly hope I am wrong on this, and that the things he said yesterday were some sort of Trump-trickery mind game hes playing with the antis, but it sure didnt feel that way as he was saying it.

I don't this was a Jedi mind trick.  Think he means to get the 21 age passed.  And I think sitting with those families made a big impact on him. 

He also was ask about the fed con carry legislation if it was going to be included and he said no .  

45 minutes ago, steve863 said:

This is what I don't understand.  If Obama had made the type of statements that Trump did yesterday, most here would have been on him like flies on poop.  Yet other than WNY I really haven't heard anyone calling Trump out on this.  Even FOX news seems to be giving him a huge pass on this, which I find quite interesting. 

Doc, Philo??  You two are Trump's biggest lackey's here, what do you guys say??  I'm all ears.  And please don't tell us that "he's still better than Hillary".  He may be, but that's not the explanation we need here.

I for one could have told everyone from the very beginning that Trump is the epitome of a two-face.  He will promise you something one day and say something completely different the next day.  Just because you voted for him, gave him financial support or other support don't mean anything to the guy.  He is like the wind and can change direction at any moment.  I guess all those who have resigned in his cabinet since he took office had gotten a taste of his character, and now I reckon some here are also.  My .02 for the day.

He was not my choice for the Republican Candidate but I ended up with him. In comparison to Hillary I had no choice but to vote for him (not that the vote meant anything in NY).  I openly said I only had two expectations with him in office. 

1. Nominate and seat at least one SCJOTUS that took a traditional view of the Constitution. 

2 . Do not allow any further slide in the 2nd amendment infringements. 

If this was Major league baseball I would be happy with hitting 500 but not in this case. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I don't this was a Jedi mind trick.  Think he means to get the 21 age passed.  And I think sitting with those families made a big impact on him. 

He also was ask about the fed con carry legislation if it was going to be included and he said no .  

Those were both things I did not like to hear, but the most concerning thing was the comment he made about trying to include ways around due process.

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

it always comes down to the lesser of 2 evils. I didn't really like voting for him the first time. But it was better than Hillary.

If it's Cuomo vs trump in 2020 are you still not voting for him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

it always comes down to the lesser of 2 evils. I didn't really like voting for him the first time. But it was better than Hillary.

If it's Cuomo vs trump in 2020 are you still not voting for him?

Sadly, Ill have no choice

I would like to add though, that I have been a registered Independant for as long as I can remember, but I will be changing it to Republican if Trump is heading the direction with gun control that he seems to be, just so I can vote against him in the primaries.

23 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Sadly, Ill have no choice

I would like to add though, that I have been a registered Independant for as long as I can remember, but I will be changing it to Republican if Trump is heading the direction with gun control that he seems to be, just so I can vote against him in the primaries.

especially here in NY the independent party candidates are largely decided on behind closed doors. there's really only two parties. the other lines are pretty much planted to make it look like candidates are appealing to more folks. if a candidate has more lines they look more like the clear choice.

• Like 1

President Trump said in a similar setting (press-wise) that he was open to Feinstein's suggestion for total amnesty. That wasn't his position then, and it's not his position now. I think he's playing a whole bunch of people via political theater. He's really good at it, and it gets people to drop their guard. JMHO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

especially here in NY the independent party candidates are largely decided on behind closed doors. there's really only two parties. the other lines are pretty much planted to make it look like candidates are appealing to more folks. if a candidate has more lines they look more like the clear choice.

Oh I know. Its kind of rare that I vote for someone running as an Independent, I usually end up voting Republican. My stances on issues are varied. I fully support Constitutional rights for every citizen, Economically I am Conservative, but on many social issues, I tend to go toward the left side of things.

9 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I'm registered as an Independent, even though I'm a staunch Conservative, and have been for life. For the most part it cuts down on the junk mail.

I re-register frequently according to who's running in any particular primary. If I can help someone I like, I'll re-register to help them. If I can hurt someone I dislike I'll re-register so I can do that.

Interesting take .

Yesterday, President Trump stunned The People of the Gun. The self-professed “big fan of the Second Amendment” said he’d sign an Executive Order/Action banning bump fire stocks. If that wasn’t enough to scare pro-2A Americans . . .

The Commander-in-Chief declared his support for gun confiscation without due process. With fans like that, who needs rivals?

Relax said the night man, Donald Trump is programmed to please!

Whatever the last person the CIC’s talking to wants to hear, that’s what the former real estate tycoon will say. And then forget it and do whatever the f*ck he wants. Or nothing at all. Without regard to what he said to anyone at any point.

If so, if President Trump isn’t a man of his word, his pledge to degrade Americans’ natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms is meaningless.

Except to the anti-gun rights agitators, who really, really want to think the post-Parkland hysteria has delivered unto them a Nixon to China moment. A chance to pass gun control legislation thanks to a pro-gun Prez’s support.

A moment that will never arrive – because the political calculus on guncontrol hasn’t changed. In fact, the antis’ bloody flag waving may have energized the pro-gun vote like nothing since . . . the last time the Dems tried to capitalize on a horrific mass shooting to disarm Americans.

Which is why some people think the President is a genius. He’s trolling the gun grabbers!

• Like 1

Who is to say that he wasn't trolling the pro-gun side all along?   He got their financial support, votes, etc. and now he may do "whatever the F*%k he wants", no matter what he told or promised them.   At one point a number of years ago, well before he ran for president he did say that assault weapons should be banned.  So go figure what this guy is really thinking??

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Who is to say that he wasn't trolling the pro-gun side all along?   He got their financial support, votes, etc. and now he may do "whatever the F*%k he wants", no matter what he told or promised them.   At one point a number of years ago, well before he ran for president he did say that assault weapons should be banned.  So go figure what this guy is really thinking??

Neither you nor I are smart enough, or 'inside' enough, to know what the President is thinking or doing on this issue. You distrust him, and that's you're right. I trust him.

Take into account the media crap surrounding the Jeff Sessions comments, the hype over Hope Hicks' resignation, and the imminent end to NAFTA that's occurred over the last few days. If you think this is all arbitrary and meaningless, you're not paying attention.