I hate snow

Swamp_bucks

39 minutes ago, grampy said:

As of now, 4 or 5 inches. But it's just playing with us now. Around noontime it's going to really ramp up, and snow 2+ inches an hour, until tomorrow morning some time. We are in the 24 to 36 band here. On top of the almost 30" on Friday.

I say....bring it!  I'll deal with whatever it is. This ain't my first rodeo.

But certainly is a 

..IAM right there with in the target zone 

Edited by silent death
Site is on the fritz again
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, grampy said:

As of now, 4 or 5 inches. But it's just playing with us now. Around noontime it's going to really ramp up, and snow 2+ inches an hour, until tomorrow morning some time. We are in the 24 to 36 band here. On top of the almost 30" on Friday.

I say....bring it!  I'll deal with whatever it is. This ain't my first rodeo.

But certainly is a PITA.

That's 1/2 of a full winter of snow for this area in only a few days.  Hang in there!!

• Like 1

I'm more than happy to have this snow!This will make for a great growing/garden this season and will also fill our lakes streams rivers and make for a better fishing,I just hate to spend money for someone to clean out /shovel my driveway $60.00 every storm adds up fast.

49 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Good luck guys. I’m in western New York and am happy it’s not us for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By what I have been seeing here I don't know if some of these people could handle a WNY./Buffalo winter.  We can go form no snow to 6 feet in a matter of hours, have it melt & then do it all over again in the next week all winter long.  But I to hate snow I always said we need 1-3" for deer season & the same for X-Mas day then be done with it!  Back in the "70's" when I was snowmobiling I use to pray for snow but I was 30+ yrs. younger & must have been crazy back then!

• Like 2

We got lucky with this round and it's staying east of us, but some lake effect next couple of days....and local syr station is saying chance of another nor easter to form on Mon/Tues.   Say it ain't so.  Beat of luck to everyone getting dumped on today.  

Just got my snowblower back from the shop a few minutes ago so I am armed again in case.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

We got lucky with this round and it's staying east of us, but some lake effect next couple of days....and local syr station is saying chance of another nor easter to form on Mon/Tues.   Say it ain't so.  Beat of luck to everyone getting dumped on today.  

Just got my snowblower back from the shop a few minutes ago so I am armed again in case.  

Yup I had seen that also.I still remember March of 1996 being the same way.

Students were all sent home early. Now all the school offices will be closed at 1pm. So looks like I'll get an early jump to staying on top of this latest batch of frozen precipitation!  Will be fine, as long as the machines and my body parts hold up!...............grin.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

http://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/mountains-of-snow-redfield-passes-300-for-season/963814513

Could be worse - this was about a month ago.  so they have gotten more - this is about 1/2 hour north of me.  

They are having a great season for snowmobiling up at tug this year, thats for sure.

• Like 1

Everybody is riding here who needs tug hill right now lol roads are bad the state police have a sled out riding around...they haven't bothered anybody "yet" as long as your sled is registered and are not being a maniac doin 100mph

Edited by silent death

3 hours ago, grampy said:

Students were all sent home early. Now all the school offices will be closed at 1pm. So looks like I'll get an early jump to staying on top of this latest batch of frozen precipitation!  Will be fine, as long as the machines and my body parts hold up!...............grin.

They canceled school here at 5am this morning as soon as the phone rang I knew who it was lol

I always think i should get a sled and ride , but just winter kicks my arse at work and ive gotten to hate snow since I run a transportation fleet its nothing but stress to me now.  And i can get on trails right from my house that take me to the tug etc.  Have a buddy that drags sleds and he is always trying to talk me into getting a sled.  Then i already have too many hobbies as it is. and sleds is another hobby and an expensive one. 

• Like 1