New tractor

That tractor will handle an 8 ft three-point disk, or a 10 ft pull-type.   The three-points are nice for working smaller plots, but the transports are much more efficient on larger ones.  I prefer to use tools significantly smaller than my tractor can handle, because they work better in less than ideal soil conditions.  For me, that usually means mud.   Having the ability to work thru a little mud and get my plots in on time is very beneficial, because planting windows fluxuate wildly with the weather on our mucky bottom-land farm.  For that reason, I use a 6.5 ft three-point or an 8 ft pull-type on a 4WD JD tractor of that size.   4WD tractors are great on disks, because not needing to push a "dead" axle up front thru the soft ground saves you a ton of fuel.   You would need about 60 hp, in a 2WD, to handle those same disks.    

That tractor works great for snow removal, with a 7 ft blade on the back and the loader on front.   I mostly push the snow backwards with the rear blade, and use the loader for pushing back the snowbanks at the end of the driveways.   Traction on snow is excellent with loaded Ag tires on a 4WD,   I previously used an old 2WD tractor with chains for that and always ended up messing up the blacktop with the chains.  I would make sure you get a block heater to make for easier cold weather starts and cutting down on engine wear.   

The front loader is very handy.  I bolt a couple pieces of angle iron under it for moving logs, and even made "fork-extensions" for that for lifting the heavy fiberglass cap on or off my pickup.    I can dig trees out in under a minute, using a piece of c-channel, bolted under the bucket, as a tree spade.   That same c-channel scoop lets me use that front bucket as a backhoe for putting in drain tile.    The loader is also a back-saver on some heavier deer.   

A 6-foot bush-hog is perfect for that tractor.  You will probably want a canopy while you are out mowing under the hot sun.  That job is not much fun on an open-station tractor without one.   I had a big fiberglass-factory installed one on a previous tractor.   The first time I used my new tractor without one, on a sunny day, I knew I needed one on it.    I spent a few hours making a larger one with a wood frame and an old boat cover.  It is not the prettiest thing, but it has held up well for 14 years.  It is bigger, lighter and easier to put on and off than that factory fiberglass one was.  I take it off (with one hand) for the winter, or when I use the tractor in the woods.         

Edited by wolc123

32 minutes ago, G-Man said:

You should be able pull a 8 ft disk no problem. And more likely a 10ft. I pull a 8ft 3pt with float hitch with 35 horse kioti with no problem.. the heavier and bigger the better..and transport other 3 pt if you can find one

That’s right about what I was Thinking. 10ft transport disc. Already started looking. 

26 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

That’s right about what I was Thinking. 10ft transport disc. Already started looking. 

Big farm equipment auction in angelic in April. Can find some good deals there especially on big equipment

• Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 1:23 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

It’s not a full hydrostatic transmission, just hydro for the forward/reverse shuttle. Gears are all manual. Same type of setup as the JD I use At the farm. 

in my opinion that's the gold standard of transmission setups for that size tractor and application. it saves time and gears. i've seen some go in high of a gear and over work the clutch while still losing some of what's in the bucket. they didn't have a lot of tractor time though. first high always seemed to be the gear of choice with our 90 hp kubota.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

Awesome!  Now get to work with it!...............:drinks:

I plan on giving it a little work out as soon as its delivered. We are hosting the Easter festivities Sunday and our driveway is a mess of piled up gravel from snow plowing. I need to get it all smoothed out so people can park, etc.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2018 at 4:59 PM, 52 farmer said:

IMO, I would stick with the name brand accessories if you can afford, all depends on how much you are going to use , if you start comparing you will see difference to generally justify price.

Not sure I would do that, depending on what you consider name brand. My FIL bought a JD and got the green finish mower paid $2400 when he could have bought the TSC finish mower for half the price and they were exactly the same.

Look around for the best deals and go that route unless you want to finance the attachments with the tractor. 

Not sure I would do that, depending on what you consider name brand. My FIL bought a JD and got the green finish mower paid $2400 when he could have bought the TSC finish mower for half the price and they were exactly the same.
Look around for the best deals and go that route unless you want to finance the attachments with the tractor. 

Well I wouldn’t claim to be a expert, but I have used different pieces of 3 pt equipment and more times than not you get what you pay for.
I have friends that went the cheap route(TSC) and had buyers remorse.brushog-rottotiller,just didn’t hold up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 52 farmer said:

Well I wouldn’t claim to be a expert, but I have used different pieces of 3 pt equipment and more times than not you get what you pay for.
I have friends that went the cheap route(TSC) and had buyers remorse.brushog-rottotiller,just didn’t hold up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pick and choose what you're getting there, what you're hooking it up to, and what you're using it for. we've got a woods back blade on the farm and a tsc back blade on my tractor at home. not much difference in size at all but the tsc one is hooked up to a tractor with much less ass behind it (not talking about the operator). you pay for name brands but i don't disagree with you that you often get what you pay for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

We are hosting the Easter festivities Sunday and our driveway is a mess of piled up gravel from snow plowing. I need to get it all smoothed out so people can park, etc.

I’m bringing a casserole and dessert, what time was it again??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I mean , hell..........Sunday is Opening Day of Trout season AND Easter.  In the old days as a younger Lawdwaz, I'd be just down the road from WNYBuckHunter's new digs fishing like a wild man.  Right around dinner time I'd roll in stinking like feesh, looking for a nice ham dinner and some good folks.

This year I won't stink of feesh.........

• Like 1