It's Time For The Colonoscopy Pep/Prep Talk

Lawdwaz

Good luck, Good Buddy....I have been through several....Feel your pain....

The Mermaid has one Wednesday, going in from both ends...I told her to tell the doc to make sure to go in from the UPPER end first.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Good luck, Good Buddy....I have been through several....Feel your pain....

The Mermaid has one Wednesday, going in from both ends...I told her to tell the doc to make sure to go in from the UPPER end first.....

The last one I had was a double whammy..........I had an upper last summer I believe.  Good luck to the Mrs......... :)

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Best prep would be to go camping with Otto and Pygmy, drink 40 beers and eat 3lbs of fried fish. I could take that test right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The pics look like a good time was had by all.  Congrats on the laker!

• Like 1

Many years ago, I had an 80 something guy tell me, "the older you get, the more ways the doc's find to degrade ya". Based on my own experiences, he was right on the money. But I am still sucking air, so I'll just continue to follow Drs. orders. Beats the alternative. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Okay Lawdwaz ought to be in there by now. I didn't share this story earlier.  My mom had this done and they punctured her colon and she had to have surgery from it. And then to top it off she had to have another surgery cause she had a hernia from the first one.  Wtf!  So I had to clean and dress her wound every night for a month for her.  

Not doing this!  Going with the new test they have if anything.  

No way! 

Lawd didn't need to hear this but, the last time I had it done they tore my colon and I got 5 staples to close up the wound. I spent 3 days in the hospital. They told me the staples will pass as the wound heals? I never saw them pass so every time I go through a metal detector i just tell them its steel toed work boots, I don't need them trying to locate the metal!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Are you lucid yet, Larry ??

Here's hoping you turned out to be a perfect a**hole  !

Yea, I'm BACK!!

It was a rough go for a bit.  I selpt real good from 12-3am last night, had to get up at 3 and then slept till 5am.  Things were really moving from 5-6:30 or so.......Had to be there at 7:45am and was on the table at 8:30am, all plugged in and ready to roll.  The last thing I heard was a Badfinger (ironic?) song "No Matter What".

Seems as though I was somewhat awake through the process, I never have been before with my multiple upper & lower procedures, strange??

They got me out of there and home by around 10:30 or 11:00......ate my sandwiches at home (I think?) then hit the rack for a few hours.  Woke up around 2:30 and felt like dog sheat......bad headache and funny feeling in my gut.  Stayed awake for an hour or so before I hit the rack again, slept until 7pm and now feel human again.

If I remember correctly, the doctor came into the recovery room and said all looked good and he was looking forward to seeing me again in 5 years. :)

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 4

The prep stuff that you have to drink is much better than several years ago . When I had my 1st colonoscopy , I had to drink some stuff that was like drinking STP . Maybe it was so that the oscilloscope would slide in easier . 

At another time I told the 2 female attendants that I saw them before they put their masks on and I could identify them in case something went wrong . One said "my name is Mary" . The other said "my name is Mary . When the doctor came in , she said , "hello Mr McDonald , my name is Mary" . 

• Like 1

A friend sent this one to me ------------

After my recent Prostate Exam, which was the most thorough I've ever had, the Doctor left and the nurse came in.

As she shut the door, she asked me a question I didn't want to hear.

She said,"Who Was That Guy?"

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, eagle rider said:

never thought the prep was a big deal.  It's ain't like hangover squirts.  Overrated.  There are worse procedures.  Plus the anesthesia meds are great!  Good luck.  Hope it all works out well.  

You're a day late and a dollar short..........

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fasteddie said:

The prep stuff that you have to drink is much better than several years ago . When I had my 1st colonoscopy , I had to drink some stuff that was like drinking STP . Maybe it was so that the oscilloscope would slide in easier . 

I've heard from some friends that other doctors use different preparation that seem to be less gut wrenching.  I don't know, they probably suck just as bad! 

Edited by Lawdwaz

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Next batter up! I go in tomorrow. I just drank my first 8oz of mirolax mix. yuk! only 56 more oz to go.:drinks:

I can't emphasize how important TP is.  There's still time if you want me to run to CVS or Walgreen's for some high end stuff, my treat. :)

Seriously, good luck tonight as tomorrow is the easy part.  I'm off if you need a lift...........

What time is the procedure?