Heads up literally tonight. Meteor shower

turkeyfeathers

Got the Rochester grandkids down for the weekend. Sat around the campfire tonight and saw a dozen-ish shooting stars, including a yellow/orange one that broke up a bit. Was hard to pay attention to the sky with marshmallows and s'mores. Kids like their burning marshmallows!

IMG_2821.JPG

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 8

I spent last night in Canadice.  Just before turning in (10:30) I went outside to take a wiz.........I saw zero shooting stars and it was clear as can be. 

There was a boater out on Canadice as I could see his stern light and there looked to be a campfire down on the south end, east side. 

It was a beautiful evening and actually entire weekend.  Great temps and a bit of cloudiness........darn near perfect for August, IMO.

I'll take a look tonight before bed but the "city" lights sure make it tough, uggh.

21 minutes ago, sodfather said:

What one is Jupiter I don’t see any rings

Saturn is almost alone at 9 o’clock if standing in your driveway to South just installed satellite tracker app too   Look to back of your house at the red one low and by itself. Mars 

Edited by turkeyfeathers