Maine, finally here.

Bionic

35 minutes ago, crappyice said:

My favorite vacations as a kid were up in a Maine- don’t know where - but it was on a lake and we had a cabin and a dock with a Jon boat and a 5hp motor. Cool mornings and evenings; bath was in the lake when it warmed up at 3:00...common dining areas and ping pong and bingo at night. Simple...family....fun!
Thanks for sharing your trip as a memory boost for my old memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad this thread brings back fond memories for you :-)

We've been going to Maine for years. We absolutely love it. Was last there in May. While most of our friends and coworkers head south, we go north! 

Your pictures and commentary are AWESOME ! Thanks for taking us along with you.  

Keep safe in your travels.  And keep us posted!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jmark said:

Greenville is a nice little town.  Be sure to have dinner at the Rod-n-Reel Cafe.  Great place.  

I believe they are closed, the last 3 years it has been odd, one day they are open, next 4 or 5 days closed.   Its a shame, I loved the taco salad, it was huge, and had chili, and all sorts of great stuff.

1 minute ago, grampy said:

We've been going to Maine for years. We absolutely love it. Was last there in May. While most of our friends and coworkers head south, we go north! 

Your pictures and commentary are AWESOME ! Thanks for taking us along with you.  

Keep safe in your travels.  And keep us posted!

Thank you!

Where abouts do you visit? 

Same here, lol.  Coworkers keep telling me to go tropical....i just sigh, and save my breathe from telling them these dirt roads are my idea of paradise. I prefer to be left alone with the few people I truly care about in the woods, away from society, and the BS.

Planning to head out in just a few mins to take a day long quad ride.  Hoping for daytime moose sightings, all 15 fingers crossed xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grampy said:

For us, its SE Maine. Lake Sabago, Ogunquit, Wells, Kennebunk, on up to Portland. I love lighthouses and rocky coastlines.

But the solitude of the Maine woods, the whisper through the pines, is hard to beat too!

for years we've gone to the same area. extended family has had a camp in Cape Neddick. Wells, Ogunquit, Kennebunk, York... all that area has memories.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Enjoying the pictures. Hope the Moose cooperate with more pics.^_^

Glad to hear!

Having some difficulty with trail access.  A key section of trail has been closed for the month, due to hogh volume of logging operations.  I need that section in order to access the very remote off the beaten track areas, where I feel we will see moose in daylight.  I did just visit a local ATV club's website,  and I see an update posted TODAY, of a reopened trail in that section, I want to travel.  Keeping fingers crossed,  sent that club an email for more details, its a bit confusing these trails...and want to go about this the right way. 

10 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Glad to hear!

Having some difficulty with trail access.  A key section of trail has been closed for the month, due to hogh volume of logging operations.  I need that section in order to access the very remote off the beaten track areas, where I feel we will see moose in daylight.  I did just visit a local ATV club's website,  and I see an update posted TODAY, of a reopened trail in that section, I want to travel.  Keeping fingers crossed,  sent that club an email for more details, its a bit confusing these trails...and want to go about this the right way. 

I assume you are using a GPS?

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I assume you are using a GPS?

Nope, don't own one of those heandhelds yet.  Trails are marked on each turn, and are are like hallways in the thick woods.  Issue is, omene section, the only section to this other area, is closed for logging.  

Looks like a great area to visit. Must be a few swimmin' holes around to cool off in. Keep sending pictures. Maybe that general store/ Antique Shoppe should change its name to " Native American Store" …Hate to see snowflakes get their buns in a wad over that...lol.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Looks like a great area to visit. Must be a few swimmin' holes around to cool off in. Keep sending pictures. Maybe that general store/ Antique Shoppe should change its name to " Native American Store" …Hate to see snowflakes get their buns in a wad over that...lol.

It is kamp kamp indian store though lol.  With a hill up the road called "Indian Hill".

Thats my favorite store, and i am NOT at all a shopper, or store guy.   Nice rustic cabin decor

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 10:19 AM, Bionic said:

I believe they are closed, the last 3 years it has been odd, one day they are open, next 4 or 5 days closed.   Its a shame, I loved the taco salad, it was huge, and had chili, and all sorts of great stuff.

New sign up in the window,  Wednesday's through Sundays for business 

We had an INCREDIBLY AMAZING day! As mentioned in a previous post, a critical section of ATV trail is closed due to extensive logging operations.   The area we wanted to get to by ATV is 19 miles away, so being that the section of trail is out, we decided to load up, and trailer the ATV to the desired location.  This is a town that truly feels as if you stepped back in time by 100 yrs, or so.  Anyways, we unload, and head up into the woods to run the trails in hopes of a moose in daylight.  This area has more moose than people the rumor is.  No moose sighted somehow,  I believe its still way too hot for them to move much, unless they are in the bogs where they can cool off.  No big deal, the scenery was insane.  All pics taken from our quad.  Please enjoy.

20180829_123115.jpg

20180829_183202.jpg

20180829_123203.jpg

20180829_125349.jpg

20180829_131721.jpg

20180829_133826.jpg

20180829_133906.jpg

20180829_135746.jpg

20180829_135817.jpg

20180829_140127.jpg

20180829_140158.jpg

20180829_141306.jpg