Maine, finally here.

Bionic

Well since I mention Maine somewhat often, and I see other vacation threads pop up lately, and it seems you guys enjoy the pics, I know I do.  I figured I will create a thread of our trip.  Might not be as exciting as Colorado,  or Alaska, but my girlfriend,  and I love it.  Will post pics along the way if there's enough interest.  We just got here around noon, 9 hours, and 512 miles, left home at 3am.  This will be our first time here with an ATV, and we are very excited.   They are street legal here, in certain jurisdictions,  and we plan to go to lunch in a few minutes on it.  We are in Greenville, which is on the southern tip of Moosehead Lake. 

20180825_121320.jpg

20180825_114529.jpg

• Like 22

3 hours ago, Bionic said:

Well since I mention Maine somewhat often, and I see other vacation threads pop up lately, and it seems you guys enjoy the pics, I know I do.  I figured I will create a thread of our trip.  Might not be as exciting as Colorado,  or Alaska, but my girlfriend,  and I love it.  Will post pics along the way if there's enough interest.  We just got here around noon, 9 hours, and 512 miles, left home at 3am.  This will be our first time here with an ATV, and we are very excited.   They are street legal here, in certain jurisdictions,  and we plan to go to lunch in a few minutes on it.  We are in Greenville, which is on the southern tip of Moosehead Lake. 

20180825_121320.jpg

20180825_114529.jpg

Very cool, post up them photos... 

• Like 1

Well we fueled up the quad, and took it over to Kelly's Landing which is a shore side restaurant.  It was really a new experience for me, since I have never really trail rode until once in May, in NY.  I have never even been on a motorcycle,  so it was such a different perspective for me to be out in the open on the quad, on public roadways.  We had lunch, then took it up a trail, if my phone app is accurate,  we did about 20 miles.  Quad did well, I had lifted it 2" so I was a little concerned with the CV angles up front, but it has been great, so I am happy with that.  The trails are somewhat busy from beat up ATVs, to $30k Can-am Maverick X3 Turbos! No matter what you're crusing in, or on up here, everyone is down to earth, and all here for the same reason.  Trails are also dirt roads for cars/trucks, but we only saw one SUV in which we assume was headed to a camp.  This trail was pretty smooth with the occasional pothole areas, and some areas that are prone to bogs that overflow, so these spots have river rock.  We just practical drive over the river rock at walking speed, not to rattle the machine to death.  

20180825_165105.jpg

20180825_165054.jpg

20180825_165010.jpg

20180825_165000.jpg

20180825_164948.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Very interested.  Love to bring the family for a vacation with the ATV.  Will be watching.  Have fun and thanks.  

Moog, if you want to take your family on a memorable trip, you should come up here.  I am 32, and have been coming up here since I was 18, once every summer for about 9 or 10 nights.  One summer, I came up here twice, once for 4 days, I love it THAT much, and cannot recommend this area enough.  Moose out number people, and logging is all over.  Everyone is friendly, its just something else up here.

• Like 1

I have been to Maine a few times, spring gobbler hunting/fishing, and deer hunting and hare hunting...

Beautiful country...There's  a barmaid named MERLINE  that I'd like to have you say HI to for me...Oh, never mind.She's probably dead...

In any case, enjoy your vacation and send us some MOOSE pictures....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I have been to Maine a few times, spring gobbler hunting/fishing, and deer hunting and hare hunting...

Beautiful country...There's  a barmaid named MERLINE  that I'd like to have you say HI to for me...Oh, never mind.She's probably dead...

In any case, enjoy your vacation and send us some MOOSE pictures....

Oh boy lol

The moose are why we are here, you got it, hoping tomorrow to see some during daylight.

Thank you 

• Like 1

We just got home from a week in Old Orchard beach,kids had a blast and we all saw our first whale. I was a little dissapointed with a couple gun ratings at kittery trading post. They listed condition at 95% I'd rate it at best 75%. Needless to say I didn't buy them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sbuff said:

We just got home from a week in Old Orchard beach,kids had a blast and we all saw our first whale. I was a little dissapointed with a couple gun ratings at kittery trading post. They listed condition at 95% I'd rate it at best 75%. Needless to say I didn't buy them. 

Good stuff, whales are amazing! Coincidentally a co-worker is in the Old Orchard area this week, its funny, we both go to Maine the same week, even prior to knowing one another.

Well we jumped in my Escape tonight, and went to our typical spots to check for moose on the hard road.  Saw this little young bull.  They never get old to see, this is what our trips are all about.  I hope you enjoy. Last pic is a grainy screenshot from the vid I took.  If anyone of you use Instagram,  check out Myoelectricoutdoors, I have some videos from today.

20180826_220606.jpg

20180826_220525.jpg

20180826_211217.jpg

20180826_221114.jpg

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Well we jumped in my Escape tonight, and went to our typical spots to check for moose on the hard road.  Saw this little young bull.  They never get old to see, this is what our trips are all about.  I hope you enjoy. Last pic is a grainy screenshot from the vid I took.  If anyone of you use Instagram,  check out Myoelectricoutdoors, I have some videos from today.

20180826_220606.jpg

20180826_220525.jpg

20180826_211217.jpg

20180826_221114.jpg

Very cool!  B, you're like The Moose Whisperer!! :pleasantry:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Very cool!  B, you're like The Moose Whisperer!! :pleasantry:

That's a COMPLIMENT,  and a half! 

I love these animals,  and this area just means so much to me.  Researching another area of trails as we speak.  The area is where that moose was photo'd, which is about 20 miles away from where we are staying....they have a lot of ATV trails that way, and hoping to show the girlfriend some moose in daylight.  I have seen some good sized bulls during the year, but she has not, so hopefully these ATV that are in the woods, will show a lazy bull using the trail as a path of least resistance. 

Edited by Bionic

8 hours ago, Bionic said:

20180826_220606.jpg

20180826_220525.jpg

20180826_211217.jpg

20180826_221114.jpg

Nice photos.. That’s awesome that your seeing moose. 

• Like 1

My favorite vacations as a kid were up in a Maine- don’t know where - but it was on a lake and we had a cabin and a dock with a Jon boat and a 5hp motor. Cool mornings and evenings; bath was in the lake when it warmed up at 3:00...common dining areas and ping pong and bingo at night. Simple...family....fun!
Thanks for sharing your trip as a memory boost for my old memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1