Colin Kaepernick and Nike

This has been common knowledge for NIKE for years.  You need to stay informed.  Click on the links for details.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lormand/poli/nike/nike101-4.htm

How much do Nike sweatshop workers get paid?
Not surprisingly, the countries that produce the most Nike merchandise pay some of the lowest wages. Vietnam has the most Nike contract factory workers, according to an interactive map on Nike's website. Those workers in 2001 earned the equivalent of $73.94 per month in 2014 U.S. dollars.May 20, 2014

How much do sweatshop workers get paid in China?
Workers at a factory in China used by the company that makes clothing for Ivanka Trump's fashion line and other brands worked nearly 60 hours a week to earn wages of little more than $62 a week, according to a factory audit released Monday.Apr 25, 2017

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

Kapernick is a P.O.S. period. He sucked as a quarterback, sucks as a person and doesn't have the intelligence to figure out whatever your beliefs are they should not be aired at the expense of the national anthem If he was so smart he would know there are ways to express your self and stand up for what you believe in without disrespecting the national anthem or the American flag..

As far as Nike I do not or will not own anything with their brand name. but just in case;  I will ad them to the list with Dick's and Field & Stream.

Business practices and personal beliefs are one thing but restricting rights to buy guns and kneeling during the national anthem, or disrespecting the American flag are going to far.

Some things should be sacred but to him, Nike, Dicks/Field & Stream and a few other brainless others nothing is sacred or cannot be disrespected.

I would like to see him kneeling in front of a firing squad with his Nike sneakers, T-shirt, and hat in place while I sing 

God Bless America

End Of Vent.

• Like 3

I wonder what Colin thought about Boyz-to-Men's rendition at the opening game tonight.   I thought they did a fine job on the National Anthem.  I did not notice anyone kneeling   I think I might ask my daughter for this outfit to add to my "rag-bag" crossbow backstop.

emmadeer.jpg.332de79061515a3d37c2f6a1460090c7.jpg

• Like 1

Sacrificing everything means you lost it all after expressing your beliefs, not finding something to create controversy that will grab attention and publicity after you are about to lose everything.

Also, did anyone else notice these NFL leftists didn't protest, or even discuss the myth of police brutality during the off season on their own time?  Guess it really isn't so important to them after all, now is it?

• Like 2

What a lot of people have overlooked in this Nike issue:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/09/04/nike-and-levis-strauss-political-business-strategy-the-much-bigger-geopolitical-and-trade-picture/#more-153640

These huge international companies aren't gambling on who in the US will buy or not buy their products. They don't really care. Divide and conquer. Their goal is much broader than that. And it's deeply political.

• Like 1

well I just seen that nike stock was up 27% since this media ploy . Wow very smart any publicity is good publicity . All I hear and see on the internet ,t.v. and radio and of course the papers is about this and of course they all wanted trumps opinion. Don't believe the hype its very hard to do today with the Kardashians every where you look.

• Like 1

NIKE should be boycotted for life.

"You want to talk about someone in the NFL sacrificing everything? Pat Tillman. NFL STARTING, not benched, player who left to join the Army and died for it. THAT is sacrificing everything for something you believe in.

How about other warriors? Warriors who will not be on magazine covers, who will not get lucrative contracts and millions of followers from their actions and who have truly sacrificed everything. They did it because they believed in something. 

Indeed, the one who sacrificed everything isn't the ingrate millionaire who hates his country despite his success and who turned a failing football career into social justice martyrdom and a lucrative ad campaign. It's America's Patriot Armed Forces and their families — particularly the ones who lost their lives serving the country they love. It's men like Pat Tillman and Chris Kyle."

Mark Alexander

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

well I just seen that nike stock was up 27% since this media ploy . Wow very smart any publicity is good publicity . All I hear and see on the internet ,t.v. and radio and of course the papers is about this and of course they all wanted trumps opinion. Don't believe the hype its very hard to do today with the Kardashians every where you look.

It was at 80.50 on 8/8/18 and one month later is at 80.30 (as of the close yesterday). 

How is it up 27%?

its a sad thing its the hype and theres always someone cause its the new in thing they have to have it and pay any amount[ well im old but I paid $80 in '85 a lot @ the time for teddy ruskin  and remember tickle  me elmo. I personally knew some one paid $300 for it and the cupcake craze a few years ago people lined up down the street to pay $5 for a damn cupcake] Even the $1000 hamburger I seen on t.v. ,the news media asked some one who got it why they paid that much for a hamburger and he said well there was so much talk about it I had to try and plus I got the money ., the restaurant got a lot of advertising and it cost them nothing. N ow i fell for a lot of stuff too [ how many of us hunters see something and its the greatest thing since slice bread , get scent killer  get code red ,code blue, get the rage broad heads seeing all the testimonials and paying a lot for them and find out they weren't all they were cracked up to be]