Lets see your hunting tree stand pictures!

burmjohn

Since the season is coming, I figured we should start a post to give a few people idea's on hunting tree stands and blinds.  Post up your favorite tree stand and blind pictures for everyone to check out.  Last year it helped me build a few,specifically the one below which is amazingly stable and one of the safest stands i've built.  I got the idea from a few members on the site that posted some pictures.  This was freshly painted in that pic, it looks 100 times better now that its weathered a bit.

I'm building another one of these this year, already have the platform done.

post-1-131455459465_thumb.jpg

I built one similar a few years ago, but instead of knotching out the stringers for the 2x4 rungs, I drilled a 5/8 hole and cut 5/8 rebar rungs and pounded them in.  I had to add a couple reinforcing blocks behind the stringers so it wouldn't rack though. 

Doubt I'll do another though.  After it was all said and done, I decided I spent just as much as a steel ladder stand, and worked alot harder  :'(

Heres a tower blind that is my favorite as far as comfort wise and keeping warm.  Its located on one of my food plots. I hardly ever hunt this stand, It was bought for the sole purpose for my dad to hunt out of and to keep him nice and warm.It  has since been moved to the right of the picture about 50 yards away and was tucked under a pine tree. My dad took a buck last season during reg season and my friend took a doe during ML season from that tower blind. It has carpet on the floor, four fold up windows and a nice office swivel chair. All it needs now is a TV...

post-18-131455459649_thumb.jpg

post-18-131455459905_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, they're not exactly tree stands, but they are all stands that are located at a tree (the base of the tree that is). No, I don't do treestands anymore ...... lol. It's a "heights" thing. Now I do my hunting eyeball to eyeball with them .... lol.

20 yards on the other side of this stand is a heavily used trail that always gets hot during the early stages of rut.

post-11-0-99508000-1314914504_thumb.jpg

This is what I see looking down one of the shooting lanes:

post-11-0-98027600-1314914537_thumb.jpg

This is a deer's eye view of my stand at 20 yards. This is taken from a huge old apple tree that bears every year. It blends right in pretty well but is that dark area in the center of the picture.

post-11-0-92660500-1314914571_thumb.jpg

Hard to call this a stand, but it has accounted for quite a few deer over the years. This old oak is a bit more than 3' in diameter and is 20 - 25 yard from several intersecting trails. This is the edge of what used to be a small field on top the hill. It is a perennial hot rut area.

post-11-0-46178800-1314914601_thumb.jpg

I do have one treestand that I call my condo. It has a 4' x 5' platform with railings all around and a sturdy chunk of extension ladder that gets me up there. It's only about 10' off the ground. Unfortunately I never took a picture of it. Maybe tomorrow I will go down and get some photos.

The one I built my father. I just got rubber roofing to put on it and the windows to go in it.(got to keep the propane heat in...lol)

We have fabricated 2 other box blinds that we will be setting up at cam on the weekend of the 17-18th. We panelized them so they will travel well and set up easily. 4'x4' platforms. I will post pics when they are up.

post-152-0-94137200-1314971360_thumb.jpg

post-152-0-67459500-1314971373_thumb.jpg

post-152-0-97828300-1314971383_thumb.jpg

Well guys this last one is taking me for ever to finish...I still have windows....floor insulation inside insulation and walls to put up....half done there...then the deck rails and cover and finish the camo painting...if weather ever dries up....but here are the latest pics and pics of a few others