Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

8 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Hey, Do you flyfish Bud ? 

I have a fly rod and have fly fished some, but not very often.  Seems like the streams I always fish are just so brushy it's just tough to do. Kinda got away from it.  And now that I live on Oneida lake I just mostly fish there for walleye and some bass and panfish. I trout fish now once or twice a year and about all I use now is small jigs and spinning gear. 

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I have a fly rod and have fly fished some, but not very often.  Seems like the streams I always fish are just so brushy it's just tough to do. Kinda got away from it.  And now that I live on Oneida lake I just mostly fish there for walleye and some bass and panfish. I trout fish now once or twice a year and about all I use now is small jigs and spinning gear. 

I hear you. You know though, in brushy streams, you can use the bow and arrow cast to get your fly out there; although not as good as a regular forward cast, it works surprisingly well.

• Like 2

Opening day of turkey. Didn't see or hear a thing but only stayed a couple of hours got cold for sure.  Only 7 trailers at the boat launch on opening day of walleye says it all here. 

My cam or card wasn't working so no pics. But clover and apple trees look good. And def found our spot for a ground blind for the fall. Good to be out. 

IMG_20210501_055829619.jpg

IMG_20210501_055758757.jpg

• Like 3

Second day of turkey.  Went out later for the 10-12 shift.  Hunting my stota spot and turkeys here are slim to come by but still gonna try.  Lost my best hunting spot and am gonna miss it more for turkey than deer I think.  Nothing seen nothing heard.  Still good to be out.  Saw two hens in a field 3 properties over on the way.  Will try a couple more times I am sure. 

IMG_20210502_100842700.jpg

• Like 2

Went out for a short fish. Lake was pretty rough and it was freezing and we weren't going long so went up in canal out of the wind some.  Still real brown and cold had one hit.  On way out made one pass by end of pier area as it calmed some and Corey had a real nice walleye but it dropped right before the boat.  Went in cause we didn't have much time but it was nice to just be out. 

IMG_20210509_084810529.jpg

IMG_20210509_084807479.jpg

• Like 3

Didn't limit today but got some nice Jack's and a real nice Oneida eye.  Usually only get a few this size every year.  Perch were big too. But the eyes just werent biting much, wasnt the only one lots out there struggling today. A good bunch in the end though. 

IMG_20210515_131540738.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

Didn't limit today but got some nice Jack's and a real nice Oneida eye.  Usually only get a few this size every year.  Perch were big too. But the eyes just werent biting much, wasnt the only one lots out there struggling today. A good bunch in the end though. 
IMG_20210515_131540738.thumb.jpg.6ee1850cf7b7dd9b956d6f406ce1c149.jpg
I hear that! They were not playing well today, must've been 80 boats out near the islands and I saw 2 fish get boated, I got 1. I was marking eyes but they wouldn't even take a crawler harness for me. IMG_20210515_151222913.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I hear that! They were not playing well today, must've been 80 boats out near the islands and I saw 2 fish get boated, I got 1. I was marking eyes but they wouldn't even take a crawler harness for me. IMG_20210515_151222913.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Same out on the East end.  Lots of boats , never saw a net come out.  I banged a 23" in about 25.5 fow. Tried on the north side a little too and nothing. I couldn't even get on a lot of marks on the graph. Got 3 other shorts. Tough day but got enough to call it a fish fry.  Looks like you got a good one at least.  

Same out on the East end.  Lots of boats , never saw a net come out.  I banged a 23" in about 25.5 fow. Tried on the north side a little too and nothing. I couldn't even get on a lot of marks on the graph. Got 3 other shorts. Tough day but got enough to call it a fish fry.  Looks like you got a good one at least.  

Only a rookie lets someone see the net!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2