New world record non typical

rob-c

On 1/11/2019 at 8:55 AM, Belo said:

those pics of him at the press conference make me think what I would do in his position. Do I attend some shows, maybe make a few bucks off the fame and also deal with the extra crap and hate/jealousy that comes with that, or do I just enjoy my trophy sitting over the fireplace.

idk...

If he does it right that buck could bring in high six figures or more for his family .  He did knock my Nephews hunting partner’s  ,cousin out of first place though....

https://www.hartsvillevidette.com/sports/record-buck-worth-million-bucks/

G man , I was always pulling for Mitch Rompola !

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

If he does it right that buck could bring in high six figures or more for his family .  He did knock my Nephews hunting partner’s  ,cousin out of first place though....

That rack is a mess. I’ll take a clean 150”
Ten over that any day of the week.
Plus I want the $100k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 1/11/2019 at 5:58 PM, Just Lucky said:

I think it would bring more than a million. Its a piece of historical art and someone with the coin would buy it to put in their den. 

People spend more money on less IMO.

the million was a hypothetical "would you sell the actual rack" number. Just pulling it out of my butt.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:10 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

$1MM?? Who would turn that down? Give me the money and a replica and I'm hunting all over the mid-west the following season. Im very skeptical of that number though. You may be able to really hustle with endorsement deals, licensing, shows, etc and earn money off a monster buck but I doubt anyone is offering seven figures for one

I bet the majority wouldn't turn that offer down, but I bet you'd be surprised by those who would. 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:12 AM, phade said:

It's not a full-time job - most of it is passive income via replicas and licensing. Only real "efforts" are appearance fees. And that income is supplemental. It is as Gman said like winning the lottery.

People can downplay the money, people can downplay what they would do - doesn't change the fact that one can monetize a world record - making life-altering money for something that one pays to pursue as a hobby. The guy shot one deer, one time, and made $1.5M off of it.

I want to be clear that I wasn't downplaying the money or what I would do, but I do think it's an interesting question. Not everyone wants the fame that comes with the fortune. And what I'm gathering, is that if he really wants to capitalize to the full extent, he needs to do appearances, go on tv shows, tell his story etc. Not everyone is about that. My guess is that the stereotypical hunter is even less about that than lets say a world record snow boarder would be. 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:13 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Right but that dude hustles, hes put a lot of time and money into marketing that deer. I wonder what he spent in lawyer fees just to get Rompola to go away lol

this is my point. Not everyone is willing or wanting to do that. 

On 1/12/2019 at 10:18 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just catching up on this thread. I’ll admit I would Be a sellout for sure. I’d take every free trip and dollar I could get out of the buck. Unless you are extremely wealthy, who wouldn’t want easy $ for showing off your buck at some events and allowing replicas to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this will be interpreted wrong, but 1 million isn't exactly life changing for everyone. Lets say you get 4 weeks vacation a year. Would you burn that all to go make more money? Because you can't quit your job off 1MM, I know I can't. When would you hunt?

I think the replica thing is a no brainier for almost all of us. So is a few magazine articles. But how much would you really be willing to take that "second job"?

22 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Tucker, 26, first spotted the buck on Nov. 5, opening day of muzzleloader season, but his muzzleloader misfired. He got a second chance two days later when the deer walked out into a field 40 yards away. This time his rife fired and the deer dropped.

HOLY SH!T!? Could you imagine blowing it the first time? I'd hang myself on the spot. 

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

Tucker, 26, first spotted the buck on Nov. 5, opening day of muzzleloader season, but his muzzleloader misfired. He got a second chance two days later when the deer walked out into a field 40 yards away. This time his rife fired and the deer dropped.

HOLY SH!T!? Could you imagine blowing it the first time? I'd hang myself on the spot. 

Even worse, his 7 figure buck may have just become worth much less only a short time later. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

Im guessing tripple 7 wont go public and sponsor him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Brewsters buck is now bigger than Tucker's buck if I am following.
I like that Tucker dude. He has a genuine smile and seems like a nice guy. Brewster looks like a douchebag. That smirk makes me want to punch him in the face. Must be related to Schmuck Shumer

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Belo said:

the million was a hypothetical "would you sell the actual rack" number. Just pulling it out of my butt.

I bet the majority wouldn't turn that offer down, but I bet you'd be surprised by those who would. 

I want to be clear that I wasn't downplaying the money or what I would do, but I do think it's an interesting question. Not everyone wants the fame that comes with the fortune. And what I'm gathering, is that if he really wants to capitalize to the full extent, he needs to do appearances, go on tv shows, tell his story etc. Not everyone is about that. My guess is that the stereotypical hunter is even less about that than lets say a world record snow boarder would be. 

this is my point. Not everyone is willing or wanting to do that. 

this will be interpreted wrong, but 1 million isn't exactly life changing for everyone. Lets say you get 4 weeks vacation a year. Would you burn that all to go make more money? Because you can't quit your job off 1MM, I know I can't. When would you hunt?

I think the replica thing is a no brainier for almost all of us. So is a few magazine articles. But how much would you really be willing to take that "second job"?

No,I get it . One million ,while I’d say it is life changing to almost all ( most can’t come up,with one thousand in an emergency). But to live off it would be a stretch. Most will tell you, that you can pull, 5% a year off your money, without reducing the principle, that would be 50 k .A few back to back down years , could really reduce your principal,so you could take even less. 

But pay off debt, keep working ,invest it, leverage time,dollar cost avenge ,don’t sell or try and time and in 20 more years ,you’ll be sitting in butter .

However ,I’d burn my vacation time for sure,as it’s just a few years  you’ll be in top demand . There were years when our kids were young ,that I hunted very very few days, hardly remember that now .

I never would have mentioned  my gun misfired , so I could leverage that Great powder , gun etc. into sponsorships .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

that's what i'm wondering

I understand that the buck shot by Brewster this year is bigger than the prior record shot by Tucker a year or two ago.  So my comment related to the fact that Tucker's buck might have been worth a projected 7 figures, unless its bested Breswters a short time later.  If true, the tucker buck's tenure as the WR was cut short and so too was his payday in all likelihood.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I understand that the buck shot by Brewster this year is bigger than the prior record shot by Tucker a year or two ago.  So my comment related to the fact that Tucker's buck might have been worth a projected 7 figures, unless its bested Breswters a short time later.  If true, the tucker buck's tenure as the WR was cut short and so too was his payday in all likelihood.

I would have sold that thing the day the official score was confirmed. Doesn't change the fact that the hunter shot it and I would have gotten a duplicate rack made for the mount. But it would have been sold prior to another season beginning just for this reason 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I would have sold that thing the day the official score was confirmed. Doesn't change the fact that the hunter shot it and I would have gotten a duplicate rack made for the mount. But it would have been sold prior to another season beginning just for this reason 

I assume the money is not just in ownership of the rack but appearances, etc and those requests or at least the value of them drops once its no longer the WR.  I could be wrong.

42 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

gotcha i think. i have no idea who tucker and brewster are (other than that they're hunters) and who shot what and when lol

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I assume the money is not just in ownership of the rack but appearances, etc and those requests or at least the value of them drops once its no longer the WR.  I could be wrong.

it certainly has to drop. 2nd place doesn't visit the whitehouse or do interviews on GMA lol. Without the title you're worth significantly less. The whole point is being "the biggest ever" lol.

edit to say i'd rather pay money to listen to a guy like rinella, newberg or even Lee talk about hunting and none of them hold any records that I know of. It's not to diminish these hunters, but heck the one guy had 2 shots at the record for god's sake. They're good hunters but they're also lucky. What's he really going to tell me that I don't already know? 

Edited by Belo

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

always money in advertising - this thread alone proves it. To put the draw in of a WR deer brings in interest of all sort and people inquiring.   We are from NY in the middle of january and this thread has made 6 pages of additional possible advertising revenue.   

always money in advertising - this thread alone proves it. To put the draw in of a WR deer brings in interest of all sort and people inquiring.   We are from NY in the middle of january and this thread has made 6 pages of additional possible advertising revenue.   

True That. And from people like Moog said. Has a better chance at Winning the Powerball as to killing a buck of that size where they hunt. They will line up to throw money at that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk