fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

Lone doe working my way but 300 yards out (edit she has a decent buck behind her)

Edited by Hock3y24

37 minutes ago, rachunter said:

You ever walk out the door and get that smell that says today is a going to be a great day to hunt? That’s the way I felt this morning heading to the polls to vote.
Good luck everyone!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck

You ever walk out the door and get that smell that says today is a going to be a great day to hunt? That’s the way I felt this morning heading to the polls to vote.
Good luck everyone!!!!

Usually when I’m on my way to work!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1st buck now having a stand off with another buck (7deer in sight)

Edited by Hock3y24

8 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Hock you in PA or NY?

Ny, just had 3 doe and a fawn come out at 60, spook but it wasn’t cause of me.

i hedged my bet that it was going to rain more this morning than afternoon so stayed in and hope to slip out later. Best laid plans.........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

i hedged my bet that it was going to rain more this morning than afternoon so stayed in and hope to slip out later. Best laid plans.........

x2...was raining pretty hard here at 0400 when I got up. Slowed down to a sprinkle now and weather calling for no rain after 11. So, planning to head out by 10ish.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fletch said:

same here Fletch.  Damn cute weather girls! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JALA RUT said:

x2...was raining pretty hard here at 0400 when I got up. Slowed down to a sprinkle now and weather calling for no rain after 11. So, planning to head out by 10ish.

Unfortunately I have to work even though I have a lot of flexibility so I'm hoping to be out by 2-2:30 so I can get 2 hours on stand.

There is a spot I think I can get on the ground and catch the corner of that swamp I saw a couple the other day. My lazy ass would prefer to still hunt in than carry a climber!!

Edited by Fletch

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Unfortunately I have to work even though I have a lot of flexibility so I'm hoping to be out by 2-2:30 so I can get 2 hours on stand.

I'm back to work tomorrow then off work for the last 3 days of bow and the first 4 days of gun. Good luck this afternoon!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Because a Fn gun is different    And where does it say kids ? They were used to deer hunting. Young to bowhunting doesn’t mean kids. 

guns are worse. I spent most of my life with slugs. they don't bleed worth a sh!t.

15 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm not against filling 2 tags , I guess my only concern would be if the new to archery hunters know the signs of a good archery hit before deciding to double up . 

totally agree. I'm should clarify that I'm not really condoning it. There are many other variables at play. Does this hunter have a family and need the meat being one. I just felt like the reaction to it was a bit strong.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

good luck to those out there today. it's raining and cold but not heavy rain in 8F. I can't believe I'm saying this but after grinding 5 of the last 6 days I was happy for another 2 hours of sleep and to be in the office catching up on work. It'll be just enough break to get me amped again come thursday. 

• Like 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

So about 50 yards into my 1.5 mile walk to my stand I see eyes 40 yards ahead of me. He takes 3 steps towards me and I see a giant rack. Mind you it's about 5:15am, pitch black. But he's locked on to my headlamp. We both just kinda freeze there for 5 minutes and he slowly starts walking away. Didn't really know what to do because it was still over an hour until shooting light. He walks into the cut corn field but it's too dark to see so I just waited there for almost an hour til light. I walk another 50 yards towards my stand and there he is, 300 yards away on the other side of the field. No way I can put a stalk on him in an empty corn field. He starts walking the wood line and I know he's got about 80 yards til he's perfectly down wind from me. I start spraying myself with doe urine but it didn't help. Took a couple sniffs and bolted. Was really exciting though

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

. . . I start spraying myself with doe urine . . . .

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Better than your own urine, I suppose.

But seriously, is that really a good idea? Could that be dangerous during the rut? [I'm asking to the forum, not OP. I am not trying to make a point, as I honestly don't know the right answer.]

5 minutes ago, goosifer said:

But seriously, is that really a good idea? Could that be dangerous during the rut? [I'm asking to the forum, not OP. I am not trying to make a point, as I honestly don't know the right answer.]

I'd go with the doe urine, I may get lucky one way or the other!!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Not a good idea. Only because of the reaction you got.  It unnatural to the deer to all of the sudden smell a huge cloud of doe urine I would think. 

3 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

Not a good idea. Only because of the reaction you got.  It unnatural to the deer to all of the sudden smell a huge cloud of doe urine I would think. 

Not a good idea because I would not want to smell like doe urine all day.  Never mind how a buck will react.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not a good idea because I would not want to smell like doe urine all day.  Never mind how a buck will react.  
Agree.....put a small amount in a hanging pod my dad also uses as a yardage marker.....well sure as hell over filled it and got that crap on my hands pre hunt.....just a rank smell all afternoon I didn't need.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk