MPHunter

Today's taste of Winter

Here in Albany we have 4 or 5 inches of snow just turned to sleet. Supposed to have a good period of sleet and maybe freezing rain then another couple inches of snow. My idiot neighbors are out there snowblowing. Sleet and freezing rain is much easier to clear when it is on top of the snow. Anticipating the school delay tomorrow.....

• Like 1

Ho hum.........

Easy as pie!!

• Like 1

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

White knuckle drive home from train station in Putnam county last night. Looks like they decided to wait for the storm to finish before they cleared the roads. Cleaned the driveway and walkway last night with my boys. Looks like a quarter inch of ice fell overnight. Two hour delay and another white knuckle drive to train station. Stay safe all those on the road.

I'd prefer a foot of snow over this crap.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

School just closed we wer on a 2 hour delay I guess the side roads are bad that's 2 days in a row 

Edited by silent death

We had about 6 inches up on our hill followed up by a thick crust of ice. Once I got down off the hill on the way to work, it was only an inch or two. Still icy everywhere though. Hopefully there wont be much of this crap left.

• Like 1

Plenty of Freezing Rain after the Snow in Orange County.  That did not stop the Coyotes. I heard that same Pack around 4am.

I was just thinking how that crust is heavy enough to support coyotes and free-ranging dogs, but not the deer. Even without big numbers for snow depths, there still is an advantage for the predators.

a couple of our areas got another foot of lake effect last night, sick of winter and a ways to go. Three guys out on Oneida lake ice fishing on the day we got all that snow and sleet and they had to be rescued.  WTH ????  for a few perch - ridiculous https://cnycentral.com/news/local/firefighters-rescue-3-ice-fishermen-on-oneida-lake-in-whiteout-conditions

Edited by Robhuntandfish