Who makes the Best $2000 rifles

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Who him I know he hunts all over the world. He can do what  ever he wants not my business. I have been hunting state lands for over 30 years I think I know by now which way I like to do things that don't mean it is the best way  for everyone. 

If I  think it is better to be able to take a rifle down in the field  that's my choice. 

I don't give advice or even claim I am a great hunter frankly.  I don't take it seriously it is  all just for fun  to me .

Anyway thanks guys  you gave me a few new  things to  look at .

Actually he's probably referring to the fact he knows I own 3 switch barrel /takedown  type guns.

What he may not know is I own 4 by 3 manufacturers at the moment, and have owned no less then 7. I think I have more then a handle on concept, use, weaknesses and practicality of the design both in factory and custom.:friends:

Sorry Chef..... I should have known better.:hang:

Right now, I do not need another rifle.  I have all of the bases covered now with rifles that are worth from $1000 to $3000.  But if I were looking to buy a new rifle for general big game use and wanted the best value for the money, I'd be buying a Kimber Hunter in .308.  I've seen them selling for $700.

The rifle is light, has the 84M action and trigger, is stainless steel, very accurate and practically indestructible.  Plus it has a detachable magazine, which the Montana's don't.

I don't think any rifle sold today will come close to the value a Kimber Hunter offers.

And since it is very light, you won't need a take down, which only adds issues to a rifle's accuracy and reliability.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Actually he's probably referring to the fact he knows I own 3 switch barrel /takedown  type guns.

What he may not know is I own 4 by 3 manufacturers at the moment, and have owned no less then 7. I think I have more then a handle on concept, use, weaknesses and practicality of the design both in factory and custom.:friends:

Sorry Chef..... I should have known better.:hang:

Cool that's why I asked  I  assume someone is going to know more then me here . I like the take down concept for travel  does not necessarily mean I'm going to keep it that way in the woods depends. For example if I'm going down a steep hill/ mountain with snow on the ground I rather have it in a pack taken down so I can more safely get down the mountain .I also like carbines a lot for same reason. 

Yea chef is a nice guy  I ask a question about hunting rifles  on a hunting site and that's a problem for him  you go figure that one out .:rolleyes:

Chef this is why I ask questions  for you  bud "Those who think they know it all have know way of knowing they don't "If everyone had your mind set we would still be living in the stone age "

Edited by Storm914

And when you are not hunting it's just a awkward bulky  metal pole that's slowing you down . 

If you walk 200 yards  to  a stand  you will never get it .

If you walk 5 miles  or more you will .  

I bet my gun case against yours “ I have no idea what you have but Im guessing I have more than 10x’s the guns you do” that I walked more miles in a few days last year than you walked all season and I don’t even have a sling on a gun until I’m done gutting a deer. I’ve never been one to have to justify a want but to say you need a takedown for all the miles you walk is bull shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

First off Dans probably totes a rifle more miles than you’ve walked in your life.

I bet my gun case against yours “ I have no idea what you have but Im guessing I have more than 10x’s the guns you do” that I walked more miles in a few days last year than you walked all season and I don’t even have a sling on a gun until I’m done gutting a deer. I’ve never been one to have to justify a want but to say you need a takedown for all the miles you walk is bull shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't need ,  like to have one  

So don't use it that way I was not giving anyone advice.  I'm pretty sure I wrote that a few pages back .

Here how about  this I just think there cool  is that ok with you . You cut down your barrels I heard you say did you need to do that ? Do you need a safe full of  guns ? I JUST WANT IT MOST IMPORTENT OF ALL .. 

Asking me  why sounds  like a statement from the anti-gun people to be honest It is my  Second Amendment right!!!!   that's why .

It's also my right to hunt with it the way I feel like  . 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

A more interesting observation is that regardless of what you spend....what are the most carefree /dependable guns for the money?

The very inexpensive (but now defunct) Harrington/Richardsons single shots were legendary for their dependability and relative accuracy. I always thought they missed the mark by not marketing an upscale version (which I think Henry is doing with their new single shot). Freakin Winchester model 94s used to be had for well under 200.oo at Kmart....The newest renditions are between 1 and 2 grand!! A more proven dependable gun is hard to find. They aren't still being made (although under different labels) after 130 years for nuthin!

Funny how at one time a guy simply had ….a deer rifle, be it a sporterized Mauser or Enfield, Remington, 700, Model 94 or whatever, and thought he was as well armed as ever could be. Now the mass media market has turned it into entry level (Ruger American, Savage whatever, etc)….any of which are as capable as any predecessors, and the more serious lines..Tika, Winchester, Remington, Kimber, etc. 

Through it all,  the gun is nothing more than a decoration if the user doesn't have some substance. 

• Like 3