Ethan Allen Dining Room Set

I've bought 800 dollar victorian tables with leather tops ,way better than Ethan allen for 36 bucks and resold for 500. And 2  Ethan allen end  tables for 20 bucks.for both it's sad

This thread is hot as "live from the woods"! Who woulda thunk.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This thread is hot as "live from the woods"! Who woulda thunk.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

With the amount of deer stacked on the opening three days if this bow season - ONE! - are you surprised. These “boys” are hunting shopping bargains, not deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

What size house would be considered truly large?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

to me like 3000 and above. I see a lot of modern homes in the 2400-2800 range that are not bothering with dining rooms now.

• Like 1

to me like 3000 and above. I see a lot of modern homes in the 2400-2800 range that are not bothering with dining rooms now.
Oh then my house definitely needs a dining room at 4500+. Though I will say, we never use it. Got rid of the kitchen table and just eat at the 10 foot island now. Much nicer

• Like 1

Oh then my house definitely needs a dining room at 4500+. Though I will say, we never use it. Got rid of the kitchen table and just eat at the 10 foot island now. Much nicer

4500sqft in NYC?

more families would benefit from sitting down at a dinner table to eat breakfast or dinner together without electronics. we've been in our house less than a year but the first thing we did was purchase a large Mesa style farm table that's something like 12' long.  Thanksgiving is coming up. How do you celebrate without a dinning room table? Changes like people not needed a dining room table are indirectly why society has gotten so screwed up. Nobody is willing to give their undivided attention others anymore and just talk without without the intentions of just getting information from someone. I'm even guilty at times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

more families would benefit from sitting down at a dinner table to eat breakfast or dinner together without electronics. we've been in our house less than a year but the first thing we did was purchase a large Mesa style farm table that's something like 12' long.  Thanksgiving is coming up. How do you celebrate without a dinning room table? Changes like people not needed a dining room table are indirectly why society has gotten so screwed up. Nobody is willing to give their undivided attention others anymore and just talk without without the intentions of just getting information from someone. I'm even guilty at times.

Humanity can't live without those damned smart phones it seems.  I am beginning to think it will be the invention that will corrupt humanity for good.   Just look at the "LIVE from the Woods" thread.  Instead of focusing on the hunt and enjoying the time out in the field, people are constantly dicking around with their phones, texting and posting constantly.  Unbelievable.

Humanity can't live without those damned smart phones it seems.  I am beginning to think it will be the invention that will corrupt humanity for good.   Just look at the "LIVE from the Woods" thread.  Instead of focusing on the hunt and enjoying the time out in the field, people are constantly dicking around with their phones, texting and posting constantly.  Unbelievable.

When there ain't shit going on what else are we supposed to do?!

10 minutes ago, steve863 said:

i heard a stupidly wealthy individual say that when you sit down at a table and set your cell phone on the table it destroys all respect he has for you. I get it people are attached to them and smart phones are not easily stowable anymore. still he said that tells him that something else is likely more important that might come up than him giving you his time and undivided attention. it's not reciprocating respect.

f949527e03f74e655e7cbbb46b5dc2a5.jpg

We have one and love it. We put the extender leafs in for Xmas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

LOL, we have a huge dining room that we only ever use when we have alot of guests on the holidays. We have a second living room that we never use either. Sometimes I wonder why the hell we bought this monstrosity of a house. Id be perfectly fine going back to a 2500sqft place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

When there ain't shit going on what else are we supposed to do?!

You do what people did before cell phones were invented.  You keep looking and enjoying the scenery even if no deer are to be seen.

Growing up My dad worked 1st shift and my mom worked 2nd and 3rd shifts so someone would be home with us all the time which was great except we never sat down at the kitchen table to have dinner. Dinner was made we scooped it up on our plate and went and ate it where ever we where prior to that. 

When we had kids I told my wife I want meals to be had at the kitchen/dining room table no matter what just like she had when she was growing up. I'll never have a house that does not have a table to sit down at. 

• Like 3

We have a huge solid oak dining table, that gets used by kids and grandkids every Sunday. And by Mrs. grampy and I throughout the week. No Phones Allowed At The Table!!!

Son and daughter in law already lay claim to it, when we are no longer here to use it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moho81 said:

When we had kids I told my wife I want meals to be had at the kitchen/dining room table no matter what just like she had when she was growing up. I'll never have a house that does not have a table to sit down at.  

Unfortunately tradition has gone by the wayside. The good ol days. Hope you sell your set:victory:

blodblood.jpg

Edited by Steve D