Why am i getting my wife into hunting.

5.9cummins

lol isnt hunting something we do to get away from our wives/girlfriends??? J/K.  I have taken my girlfriend out with me a few times while bowhunting all she does is sit in the stand and read so it wasnt too bad but im glad she never wanted to really get into it b/c i like my alone time in the woods.

John

Ive taken my better half with me a few times. She does ok with it, but has no desire to kill a deer by herself. She has a pretty bad fear of guns, which I have been trying to get her over, and she didnt even touch the bow I bought for her, so I stopped trying. If she ever wants to do it, I have no problem helping her.

I don't get it...been hunting 30 some years with Mr.B. and we have yet to get into the same stand...even turkey hunting I sit under the raised blind calling and he's in the blind....ever thought of getting them out before season to just sit in a blind to watch...getting them use to ..one sitting still...and two seeing the animals...Letting them get use to being independent out in the woods gives ppl a whole different perspective.....set stands so you can see each other....just instruct her not to shoot in your direction....especially if your one of those minute men mentioned in another post...lol...hahaha :)

I've told my wife I want her to start hunting so I can sell my company and we can get a TV gig of the guy & hot wife hunting together.  Seems to be plenty of shows like that with more added all the time.  She's not taking me up on it so far...

when my ex sister in law started hunting, my wife decided she may go try it. Since I am an instructor, she had taken the course long before.  My tow daughers have also, but nevr hunter. Fortunately she decided to sit with the sister in law and never brought a gun, as she just wanted to be out there. They yacked all the time they were in the stand. I sat back in the edge of a swamp and it was great the deer would pop out look toward where the noise was coming from and paid no attention to me.  Bang flop with the muzzleloader.  She decided home by the stove was a better place as it is so cold out there.  Bear in mind this was mid October during early ml season and prolly 50s out.  It does have some advantages.  Now she is in Tennessee  and I have no one to gripe at me when I go.  Ahhh Life is grand.