Gencountyzeek

Zeeks varmint hunting 2019/2020

Ive called in deer while running the e caller. I think they know better that its fake, but their curiosty is what brings them in.. even big bucks.. it doesnt seem to bother them either.. Its hard to convince a die hard deer hunter of this but its the truth. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

. . . Now my rifle weighs around 14lbs, thats 1 of the reasons it usually sits on a tripod . . . . 

Zeek, what tripod do you use? Does it just have a rest, or does it support the rifle at the butt and the middle?

I called in a little doe few afternoon’s ago with “nutty nuthatcher ” she didn’t care at all just kept bobbing her head at the spinner decoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, goosifer said:

Zeek, what tripod do you use? Does it just have a rest, or does it support the rifle at the butt and the middle?

The little mout attaches to my rifles rail. That slides into the tripod mount. Tripod is good for 30lbs. It was a cheaper setup than alot of tripod gun mounts out there.

Screenshot_20190127-095144_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190127-095314_Samsung Internet.jpg

imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

Edited by Gencountyzeek
  • Like 3

I wish you weren't so far away, as we could do some hunting with thermal's.

Of course, Once you hunt with a thermal and see what your missing, you'd sell body parts to get one.

The pain isn't that bad and who needs two kidneys.

I live in the lower Hudson valley and don't get many shots past 100 yards.

I look forward to reading about a successful hunt while your out with your son, as I know most of the youth would rather be staring at their phone instead of being in the woods at night chasing coyote with their father. 

Good Job,

SJC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shoots100 said:

I wish you weren't so far away, as we could do some hunting with thermal's.

Of course, Once you hunt with a thermal and see what your missing, you'd sell body parts to get one.

The pain isn't that bad and who needs two kidneys.

I live in the lower Hudson valley and don't get many shots past 100 yards.

I look forward to reading about a successful hunt while your out with your son, as I know most of the youth would rather be staring at their phone instead of being in the woods at night chasing coyote with their father. 

Good Job,

SJC

Would LOVE a thermal but definitely not in the cards anytime soon. Crazy kid wanted to go sit in a tree with me this morning. We made it till 930, the rifle had a good layer of ice on it by then, and his toes were frozen. Love every moment we get to spend together hunting.

If you can, You need to set up some pop up blinds and bait stations in the spot's you hunt.

We scout the roads for road kill and any scraps of meat we can.

Hit the butcher shops and supermarkets for scraps, worse they can say is no.

SJC

25 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

If you can, You need to set up some pop up blinds and bait stations in the spot's you hunt.

We scout the roads for road kill and any scraps of meat we can.

Hit the butcher shops and supermarkets for scraps, worse they can say is no.

SJC

In my field i have 3 deer carcasses staked down.

Just got in from a quick set in my neighbors field...nothin again. Brought my son along too. I just love hunting in the snow, cant resist goin out for an hour. We did see 3 deer. 1 small buck, 2 doe.

Edited by Gencountyzeek
  • Like 1

Went out last night only saw deer I don’t use lights just the snow to see tonight checking traps behind my house had fresh bobcat tracks I must have pushed him out hopefully he comes back 

• Like 1