Show your dogs/puppies

NYBowhunter

Congratulations, I have spent a lifetime around Hounds and they hold a special place for me. I have owned and hunted several Coonhound breeds and never had the pleasure owning a Redbone but had the next best thing as one of my hunting partners ran Redbones. I also have on DVD one of my favorite movies "Where The Red Fern Grows" a movie that features Redbones.

I have believe female Coonhounds have one of the most loving and sweetest personalities of and breed of dog and I am sure your pup will bring you many years of happiness.

I recommend getting some good obedience training and a secure area when she runs loose as the one thing there is about Hounds is they like to follow their nose and it can take them to parts unknown.

Al

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well four months later my little girl is now six months old and she is a beast! All energy during the day, takes lots of work to keep her happy but she is. 

She gets along great with my two year old dog they play awesome together. She has taken way longer to train then my mutt but she is getting there. She is 40 pounds now but still thinks she is a lap dog, she hops right on top of me and falls asleep with her front legs around my neck.

This is the first time in ten years my wife has to worry about another girl. She is very slick at trying to get human or my other dogs food and she loves any liquid. As I was typing she just snuck her first sip of Jack (little snot).

Screenshot_20210131-180142_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210131-180938_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2