Thief

Kevin

Just wanted to vent and wish the Jerk-off who stole one of my trail cams well. I hope you're proud of yourself. You are the type of a****** that gives sportsman a bad rap. What an F'n idiot. This crap really takes the wind out of your sale 3 weeks before the season. Sad state when you have to chain your gear to the tree....

Edited by burmjohn
Removed curse.

Sorry to hear that. It really sucks when people sink to that level. They don't care or respect other peoples stuff or appreciate their effort to be a better hunter when they resort to stealing like that. Don't let it ruin your season though. Maybe you'll get rewarded with a nice buck for your troubles ! Good luck this season.

Sorry for your losses.

And THAT's why I don't own any trailcams. There are bad guys out there that shouldn't even be called hunters. There is a gang who illegally trespass and 'run over' and threaten anyone hunting on the private land I hunt on. Even the landowner is afraid to confront them for fear of disasterous retribution.

It's just not the same as when I use to hunt with grampa 50 years ago.

Hopefully kp... you'll be rewarded this year with the buck of a lifetime (and that trailcam they stole will malfunction in a couple of days).

Sad to hear of your encounter with the kind of scum that would steal like that. However I have come to expect the worst and really pay a lot of attention to where I put my cameras. It's too bad when you have to locate them with thieves in mind instead of being able to use the most reliable areas that will get you better pictures. But that's what I have to do. I keep everything on my own property and even then, I have to pay a lot of attention to concealment. It's just the way things are these days.

Muzzyloader, if that stuff is going on, a few calls and encounters with state troopers ought to put an end to it.

After an altercation last year I programmed the DEC's TIPP hotline into my cellular phone. If anything happens this year - I'm callin'!

Hey y'all... here's the number incase you want to program it into your phone: DEC TIPP Hotline: 1-800-847-7332

Few yrs. back we had some Mthr. ducker break into our camp. Cut the lock on the gate, broke in to the barn, stole two of my brand new ladder stands (good ones) and my brothers' kids 4 wheeler!! To this day it still boils my blood and every time i go to camp, I'm on the look-out for some punk riding that 4 wheeler. I'm sure it was local country kids and i know it's gone forever but it still bugs me when i think of some thiefs arss sittin' in my hard earned money stand.

had one stollen.It was one of those 35mm film ones.I was more angry than upset.Just the thought of someone helping their selves to something on my property makes me angry.I would of never even cared if i saw the pic of them passing by.It wasn't posted at the time.I made a lock box for my new digital one this year.already got a pic of a person.LOL.he didnt even notice the camera or just didnt care.It was on my buddies property i have permission to hunt.

I dont lock on my hang on stands but lock up my climber if i leave it over night.

Thiefs are the scum of the earth. I have had trespasser shoot a deer at camp out of one of our foodplots when there was snow on the ground. Trail camera in the plot wasnt stolen but was shot to hell. He even had the balls to drag the deer out right in the front yard of the camp and shoot out the camera there as well. I have had windows shot out stands stolen cameras stolen people camping and having fires with our camp wood right in the foodplots with beer cans and garbage left all over. It all ended when we posted signs that the state troopers gave us that the area was being patrolled and indeed they would drive in and check on things. Also caught and arrested trespassers and vandals. It took a few years but once word got around to the locals that we are not taking any crap they leave the place alone. Scumbags is all they are complete jealous scumbags that will rot in jail someday while our tax dollars pay for their stay behind bars.

Had my trail cam stolen back in July off posted property. Took me a couple weeks to get over it. Was especially bummed as it was a Father's day gift and the boys were looking forward to some pics. It was up less than two weeks. Finally decided if someone had the stones to trespass and cut the lock and cable, they wanted it more than I did. Just remember, karma will bite you in the a$$ when you least expect it. Thieves will get what's coming in due time . . .

Yes it sucks...and it leaves me wondering, do you take your chances and buy cheaper models so your only out alittle?Or....do you purchase one real good one with a policy, so you get the pricks picture sent to your phone even if he decides to steal it? The sad part is theres nothing you can do about making your camera safe. The best lock and cage in the world cant stop a crook from smashing out the lens or sensor.

I had my garbage toter stolen this summer (with garbage in it) and like the policeman said if it's not nailed down someone will take it.I know it must have been kids screwing around as it was found tipped over about a half mile mile away .If your garbage isn't safe nothing is.Too many people will steal and sell things and not even bat an eye these days.